Bucky Barnes- Stranger (h)

It wasn't an unusual thing for Bucky to be at the forefront of your mind.

Bucky. Buck. James. Barnes.

He had been called all of the above and more by you in the past; his name was always in your head.

Of course, you'd chalked it up to just being his best friend however the rest of the tower knew it was something more.

They just couldn't let it go sometimes – and even though it did irritate you, you found yourself somewhat considering it momentarily.

Then you came back to your senses and snapped out of it, because you had yourself convinced that Bucky would never be interested like that.

You were aware of your best friend's nightmare and you wanted to help him, but he never seemed to know how.

He knew that he could come to your room if he needed; if the nightmare got a bit too much or he just wanted a friend, then he was more than welcome in your eyes as that would help ever so slightly.

You had realised, however, that Bucky never quite took you up on your offer.

Whenever you asked him about it, he claimed that he was handling it himself.

As you slowly began to wake up, you felt something different about your surroundings.

You looked down at your stomach and saw a metal arm gently wrapped around you.

Only one person had such an arm.

Turning around, your suspicions were confirmed as the one and only James Buchanan Barnes was sleeping soundly next to you.

Not being able to help it, you giggled lightly before moving a stray piece of hair away from his face.

Your actions managed to rouse Bucky from his sleep.

"Morning stranger," you greeted him, a smile on your face.

Once Bucky came to, his face resembled a child's when they'd been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

"I have to say, didn't think I'd be waking up with you this morning," you joked with him, hoping to get a smile.

He ran his free hand through his hair, "Shit Doll, I'm so sorry. Thought I'd be out by now," he was quick to apologise to you.

Your face changed to confusion "By now?" you questioned him.

He sighed, "Guess I gotta tell you, huh," he said more to himself than to you "Whenever I have a nightmare, I come in here and sometimes I fall asleep but I'll be out before you wake up," he explained whilst sounding sheepish about the whole thing.

Slowly, you sat up making Bucky retract his arm "Whilst it's kind of annoying that you've done this," you started to talk to him "I do find it cute that I seem to help in some way. And next time, just wake me up James," you told him, with a smile back on your face.

He chuckled and rolled onto his back "I just through you'd flip out at me," he put his metal arm under his head as he spoke.

You giggled and lied back down next to him, placing your hand on his chest thus taking him by surprise "When have I ever done that?" you quizzed.

He chuckled again "How 'bout when you actually managed to flip me whilst we were training," he reminded you.

You rolled your eyes but continued to smile nonetheless "That was a fun sparring session."

His free arm came to wrap around your shoulders "How about more sleep?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.