Peter Quill- Dance (a)

The strange man moved extremely erratically through the trading port, his movements were...mesmerising, he managed to make his way through the hustle and bustle of one of the busiest places in the whole universe with unmatched grace and fluidity. That was until he bumped into you.

"Oh... Sorry!" He proclaimed, yet still he swayed from left to right.

"It is okay... What are you doing here? You don't seem to be one of the standard traders here. I have lived here all of my life and I do not recognise you." He did not respond to your question. As if he had just noticed you he stopped bobbing and looked at you, not responding for a few minutes, just staring.

"Is something wrong?" You inquired. Your question must have upset him, he reached up and yanked off his ears.

"What are you doing! Did that not hurt!"

"Did what hurt? Taking off my headphones? I mean, I like listening to music but not that much!"

"Your what? And you like what?" He gazed at you as if you were stupid but he was the one babbling.

"My headphones... Do you really not know what music is? Music... You know..." He waved his arms around and made a string of quite horrendous noises from his mouth.

"Are you okay? Do you need me to get you a medic?" He stopped flailing and reached into his around his neck, grabbing his 'headphones', he tried to put them onto your head but you managed to block his vicious attack.

"What are you doing? Keep that weapon away from me!" He chuckled quite harshly to himself.

"It isn't a weapon, trust me, you'll enjoy it. Just try it come on... Would I really try to kill you in the middle of a galactic bazaar?" His eyes lit up with hope.

"Come on... Just try it...? Try it and I will buy you a drink?" You were apprehensive but let him slowly place the device onto your ears. It was scratchy but also quite comfortable.

"Okay, I'm going to turn it on and sounds will come out okay? Don't look so scared."

His hand reached to his belt and unclipped a device that sat on it. He indented one of the buttons that sat on the top and instantaneously an array of sounds filled your ears. You threw the headphones to the ground, much to the displease of the strange man.

"Woah be careful! You can't get these anywhere, trust me, I've looked. This could be the last one!" He scraped it up off of the floor.

"I will turn it down, can we try again?"

"Why are you so adamant about making me try this damned device?"

"I'm not... I'm adamant about taking you for a drink!"

~*~

Written by Aaron.