Lauren Strucker- Kiss (c)

The mutant underground wasn't the best form of living, it was an old house that was falling apart and more people than was comfortable lived there. You had no family there by blood, having been kicked out by your biological parents when they learnt you were a mutant. Now the other mutants who had come to seek solace here were your family, you loved them all dearly and were happy to welcome more people to the ever-growing family.

Lauren Strucker, her younger brother Andy and her parents had arrived a few months prior, attempting to evade the law and find somewhere to hide. Most people in the underground were either younger than you, having just found out they were mutants and had been kicked out, or were older, having been the ones to form the current system. It was nice to have Lauren there as you were the same age, and although you'd never really liked someone before, you knew your heart longed for her. You doubted she felt the same though.

Nevertheless, since she arrived you were trying to help her control her mutations. She was very powerful and useful for the underground, being able to form a protective barrier but she needed to hone her mutation to be able to use its full capability. Currently you were getting her to create a barrier to stop you from using your mutation to damage an old dummy that was used for training.

"Now," you shouted, using your hand to shoot water towards the dummy in a powerful jet.

You could see Lauren's shield block the dummy, but it instantly shattered when your water hit it. Having trained like this before, you knew she could block it, but she wasn't focused on it when she should have. The water hit the dummy, sending its head flying.

"Hey, what's wrong?" You questioned. "You can usually stop me without even paying attention. Something's got to be wrong."

"Nothing," she said nonchalantly.

You cocked your eyebrow at her. "What the hell are you talking about Lauren? You're the most capable mutant I've ever met. When you got here, you'd had no training and you were still able to do a heck of a lot more than most. Come on, what's up?"

Lauren let out a sigh, wrapping her arms around herself to protect her from what she was about to say.

"I'm just distracted."

"By what?"

"Please don't hate me," she started. "I know you don't feel the same, but I really do like you. I have since we met, and honestly I would love for us to go on a date, but if you don't feel the same, it is perfectly fine, just I don't want to ruin what we have."

It certainly wasn't what you thought she would say but you were more than glad that she did. You let out a soft laugh as you approached her. Your hand moved to her cheek, you offered her a glance for permission which she nodded to. With the silent permission that you sought, you leaned in to kiss her gently. As you pulled away, a smile was curled on her lips.

"I've wanted to do that for a while," you smiled.

"So have I."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.