Natasha Romanoff- Hospital (c)

Everything hurt. Each inch of your body, ached and throbbed with uncontrollable pain. It took a moment to realise why you hurt so much, but quickly the memories of the failed mission hit you. You had been on a mission with your girlfriend Natasha, but factors of it were misjudged and it had ended badly for you. Natasha luckily was fine, as far as you knew, but you had gotten the full hit from the HYDRA agents you hadn't expected to be there.

Your eyes were closed still, with little to no energy to open them, but you could hear what was going on around you. A soft beeping echoed, leading you to the assumption that you were in a hospital room. Nothing else could be heard other than sniffling from whomever was next to you. Their hand was clutching onto yours, giving that hand a bit of warmth which the rest of you lacked.

A breaking voice interfered with the light sobs from the woman in the seat by your side.

"I am so sorry Y/N, please wake up. This is all my fault," Natasha whispered.

She had never been one to show too much emotion other than pure anger, but it truly showed how much she cared for you in how she had become broken by the fact that you were injured.

"Come on Y/N/N, I need you," she said slightly louder, sounding desperate.

Her grip on your hand tightened.

"If you die, I'm going to kill you."

Her words became further desperate and annoyed. You loved the woman and you felt terrible how she felt at the thought of losing you, even if it was a slight reassurance.

"Wouldn't that be a little redundant?" You said, your voice cracking from your dry throat.

Your eyelids fluttered open, allowing the painfully bright room into your sights. As soon as you adjusted to the white walls of the hospital room, you could see your girlfriend, teary eyed, hair askew and covered in dried blood and bruises.

"Y/N?"

"Hey Tasha," you smiled weakly at her, feeling relatively drowsy but you were just happy to see her again.

"Never scare me like that!"

Her words had become forceful, but tears continued to roll over her bloodied cheeks.

"Sorry, Love."

She hesitated a pained smile forming on her lips as she leaned towards you. Natasha seemed hesitant to touch you, not wanting to hurt you further, but she rested a hand lightly on your arm as she leaned in to kiss you.

You winced slightly at the pain, but you didn't mind as you were happy to have her close to you again.

"I love you," she whispered in a strained tone. "I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."

"I love you too."

~*~

Requested by toastedhoney_

Written by Charlotte.