Clint Barton- Surprise (c)

Sometimes you really wanted to knock some sense into your boyfriend Clint, however that was usually after someone had already knocked the sense out of him. It was an infuriating feat to have to watch your boyfriend in the aftermath of the hell he put himself through. You knew why he did it. It was noble of him to want to fight for the little man when he had no real reason too, but it didn't mean you didn't hate the fact that he got hurt any less.

As soon as you rushed into the hospital room, you were relieved to see that your boyfriend was alive, even if he was only on the brink of life.

"Y/N," he smiled weakly.

"Oh Clint. You look like a wreck," you sighed.

"You should see the other guy," he grinned trying to make a light-hearted turn onto such a terrible moment.

Quickly you moved over to the chair next to the hospital bed, which you had learnt to became all too familiar with. You pulled him into a bone crushing hug, possibly actually crushing his bones. When he let out a groan of pain, you jumped back with a squeal.

"I am sorry," you frowned, feeling terrible that you hurt your boyfriend.

"It's okay."

You sat down on the chair, reaching out to hold onto his hand.

"I am so sorry about all of this. I really need to keep a better eye on you so that you don't do stupid things like this anymore," you smiled softly.

He chuckled. "Well I'm not taking you into the middle of a fight, Love. I am very capable of taking care of myself and well there is always Natasha who does everything you tell her to keep me out of danger. Other than today she was a bit busy making sure she didn't die rather than stopping me from dying."

You shook your head at him as he was a complete disaster but you loved him no matter what.

"Why do I love you so much?" You chuckled.

"Because I love you too," he smiled softly.

You couldn't help but smile in response as he always made you feel better about his stupidity, even though he would have made you feel a lot better if he wasn't stupid in the first place.

"In my jacket pocket there is something, could you hand it to me?" He asked.

Nodding, you turned to the coat that was thrown over the back of the chair that you were sat on. You rummaged through the pockets to find a small box which you handed over to him.

His hands were a little shaky but he opened the small box holding it to you.

"This is probably a bad time, but marry me?"

In the small box was a ring that took your breath away. You had always hoped that he would propose to you, but this wasn't how you expected it to be, but somehow it was still perfect.

You grinned leaning forward pecking his lips.

"Of course. I love you, you fool."

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.