Wanda Maximoff- Guilt (c)

You weren't an avenger officially, you had no powers and you had no exceptional skills or fighting abilities, but you were equally part of the family. Most of the team tried to keep their personal lives separate from that of the team but due to Wanda living full time in the tower and being one of the newer younger members of the team, there wasn't any issue with her girlfriend living with her.

Whenever she went away on a mission you did your best to stay in contact with her and the team but also to keep watching the news to see if anything was happening. What you saw about this mission was far from what you hoped.

Wanda didn't answer when you tried to contact her, but Natasha gave you warning for when they were on their way home. You waited by the door for when they arrived.

As they walked through the door, you gave the others warm welcoming smiles, but engulfed your girlfriend into a tight hug. She stood limb in your arms. When you pulled away she continued to walk. Your face dropped turning to the rest of the team.

"Don't worry Y/N," Steve smiled warmly resting a hand on your shoulder. "It was a hard mission for Wanda. Give her some time."

So that is what you did. You left her alone until the evening when you made a mug of tea and carried up to your shared room. Knocking lightly against the wood, you pushed the door open.

Wanda was sat where you expected her to be, curled on the double bed, clutching the framed photograph in her arms, attempting to maintain a strong face.

"I brought you a drink. Dinner is cooking currently so I'll bring you some up when it's ready," you smiled softly perching yourself on the edge of the mattress, resting the mug on the bedside cabinet.

"I'm not hungry," she whispered.

You rested your hand in the crook of her knee rubbing lightly.

"Wanda-"

You went to speak but she shot up in her place cutting off your words.

"It's my fault Y/N. It's all impossible to solve. I killed innocent people. Please just leave. I understand that you shouldn't and couldn't love a murderer," she said in tears and uncontrollable mental torment.

"Don't be daft Wanda. You did not mean to do what happened. It was a mistake. No one on your team has clean hands. They have all killed someone, innocent or otherwise but that doesn't make them any less of a person as they were either not in their right mind or they it was a mistake," you explained reaching for her hands. "You cannot be blamed. I do not blame you. I love you."

Tears covered her cheeks as she looked at you.

"Why would you love me? I have ruined everything. I have killed innocent people and I can't change that."

You moved closer to her cupping her cheek in your hand.

"Exactly Wanda. You cannot change it. I understand the guilt you feel. You blame yourself and that shows your innocence. You know what you did was wrong, you know that they were innocent people, but you didn't mean to let them die. And I love you Wanda because you are good, you are nice, you are perfect in my eyes and I wouldn't want you to ever change. I hate to see you like this," you said softly, "you just need to realise that my love is unconditional."

Wanda didn't say anything, instead opting to resting her hand over the top of yours continuing to cry.

"I'm going to continue dinner. Come down when you're ready. If you don't want to come down I'll bring something up to you."

With that you left her to think, knowing that time to herself would be for the best.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.