Lorna Dane- Family: Part 4 (c)

"They're back," Sonya called.

Marcos had told you he had to meet with a man whom had promised to help Lorna for you. However, Clarice and John didn't like the sound of the plan and followed. With Sonya's call you knew that the three of them must had returned through one of Clarice's portals as no one had come through the front door. You rushed down the stairs, following Sonya's red hair.

Sonya continued to run until she was in John's arms, but you were forced to stop in the doorway, shocked by what you saw.

"Mum?"

The four mutants turned to you, confused by the word but the other three all smiled in disbelief.

"Y/N," your mother smiled, tears brimming her eyes.

She ran towards you, engulfing you in a tight hug, refusing to let you go.

"I never thought I'd see you again," she cried onto your shoulder. "You look so good, so grown up."

"What are you doing here?" You asked. "Where's dad?"

John forced the conversation to fall short, raising his hands and interfering the group.

"Wait this is your family Y/N?"

"Yes. I never thought I'd see them again. I left over a year ago, and now they're here. How? Why?" You were too shocked to make sense of the fact.

You'd not seen either of your parents or your siblings in over a year. You were glad to see them but why the hell were they in the Mutant Underground?

"Your father was the one who wanted to help Lorna," Marcos stated. "In exchange for helping your family."

Lauren had made her way to your side, holding you close, Andy following quickly behind her.

"Why are you guys here?" You asked, holding onto your younger siblings.

"We're mutants," Lauren whispered. "What are you doing here?"

Your mum paused, resting a hand on your shoulder. "Is that why you ran away?"

You nodded your head, tears falling from your eyes. Your little brother and sister were both mutants and your parents were supporting them. Maybe if you had told them, things would be different, but you'd have never met Lorna, so you weren't going to regret anything.

"Where's Dad?" You repeated.

"Lauren and Andy got into some trouble, they used their abilities and it didn't go well. Your father was going to help release one of the mutants from here, in exchange for us getting safe passage. He is stuck on the other side of the portal your friend opened, and he was hurt. I don't know what is going to happen to him," you mum said quietly, pain laced within her words.

Your attention turned back to your mutant friends.

"We need to safe Lorna and my father."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.