Peggy Carter- Stubborn (c)

"Peg?" You called as you heard the door to your shared flat close.

"Hey honey," you heard her pained voice shout from the front door.

Her footsteps trailed into the living room when you saw the mess of the woman you loved stood there. Peggy's hair wasn't perfectly styled as it was when she left this morning, instead in messy tresses surrounding her face, her makeup smudged and her dress suit, dirty and ripped, not in its pristine condition it was before her workday.

"What happened Peggy?" You asked, raising yourself to your feet, rushing to her side.

You led her over to the sofa, so that she could sit down, but she winced at the pain of sitting. Helping her remove her suit jacket, you revealed her once white shirt, now untucked and smeared with blood and dirt.

"I'm fine," she croaked, lifting up her shirt to reveal a bandage that was now leaking blood.

She was a very stubborn person, she didn't want to be dependant on others even if she needed it. You wanted to help her, but it was hard when she didn't want it.

"That is far from fine Peg. You're bleeding. I'm guessing you didn't go to the hospital, instead just came home?" You frowned, knowing her too well that she wouldn't have gone for help unless it was 100% necessary.

Peggy gave you a weak smile, knowing it was a stupid decision, not that she'd admit it.

"It's only a flesh wound," she stated.

You leaned down to kiss the top of her dishevelled head.

"Let me help you Peggy," you smiled softly. "What can I do?"

She let out a reluctant sigh. "Can you help me bathe?" She asked. "And clean and redress the wound?"

You nodded your head. It wasn't much, but at least she was accepting your help for once.

"Stay here for a minute, and I'll run the bath."

As you walked to the door, you heard her wince as she removed the bandage from the wound, but you didn't fancy looking at it just yet. You turned back to her with a gentle and reassuring smile.

"I love you," you said softly, gaining her attention. "You enormously stubborn pain in the arse."

Peggy shot you a glare at the second part of your comment, forcing you to grin at her as she knew how terrible she could be when it came to accepting help. Quickly you scurried from the room, knowing she wouldn't follow easily, going to run her bath so that you could pamper her and make sure she recovered from her injury.

~*~

Written  by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request,