Bucky Barnes- Bad Day (c)

It was one of your bad days. They happened more frequently than you'd appreciate, they sometimes felt like they never ended.

Somehow reality knew how to make sure that your bad days never coincided with Bucky's so that you could both be there for each other in your time of need.

As it had become a normal occurrence the two of you had routines.

Tearfully, you lay on your shared bed. Bucky lay behind you, with his metal arm draped over your middle, holding you close to him, with his other hand running through your hair. It was relaxing to just feel him brush his fingers through your hair.

Your sobs were silent now, but your body still shook as you tried to settle the amount of tears that fell.

Now that you were silent, Bucky's metal hand ran across your stomach and side as he began to speak, like he did usually.

"What's wrong doll?" He whispered, "did anything trigger it this time?"

Bucky knew that your bad days were brought on by random moments that you couldn't explain, but sometimes there were triggers.

"I was just thinking," you said nearly inaudibly.

"About what?" He asked.

You hesitated for a moment, resulting in Bucky's hand searching for yours to give it a reassuring squeeze.

"Don't worry. If you don't want to tell me, you don't have to. I know it's hard. But I can only try to help if you tell me. But if you don't want to, I'm fine just lying here," he said softly.

"I... you're just too good to me. I don't know why. I can never make you as happy as you make me," you said doing your best to not allow any further tears fall.

You heard Bucky's breathing hitch. He gently rolled you so that you were now facing him. His hand fell to the small of your back, and your noses brushed together. Even just being this close to him, and being able to hear his steady heart beat made you feel at ease.

"That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard," he stated bluntly.

"Pardon?" You questioned almost offended.

"I love you Y/N. I love you with every fibre of my being. From the first second I laid eyes on you, I knew you were perfect. I admired the fact that you understood that we could never be normal, I can never be normal, and you embraced it and I could never thank you more for seeing me as more than a monster. You make me the happiest I've ever been. I couldn't remember what happiness was until I saw your smile. It's a shame I can't see it more often, because I love your smile. But knowing I can make you feel better, and that you do the same for me shows me that we are meant to be together for the long run," he explained.

It took you by surprise at first, but a crooked and weak smile curled onto your lips.

"You really mean that?"

He let out a soft laugh, "I cannot even put into words what you mean to me. And you doubting the fact that I am hopelessly and deeply in love with you, and without you I would be incomplete."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.