Lorna Dane- High School (c)

Chemistry started in twenty minutes, so you moved to grab your books from your locker for that class and the next before going to the classroom to make sure you were early for the class. Once your books were in your arms, you closed your locker, seeing your best friend Lorna stood next to you, leaning against her locker.

"Hey Lorn," you smiled.

"Hi," she said quietly, looking down at her black boots.

"Is everything okay?" You questioned.

Lorna wasn't the happiest of people, never really having a smile on her face but today, it was worse than usual, she actually looked scared, an emotion you never believed she could have felt.

"I need to talk to you... in private."

You nodded your head, following her over to one of the classrooms. Lorna looked either way before pulling you into the classroom and closing the door. She didn't say anything, pacing up and down the classroom before pausing at the teacher's desk, hands planted firmly onto the surface.

"What's wrong Lorna? You're scaring me," you whispered, concerned about her.

"Something weird is going on Y/N/N," she said, running her hands through her green hair.

"What?" You asked.

She hit her fist against the blackboard, letting out an annoyed cry.

"You're not going to believe me," she sighed.

"Just tell me Lorna!"

Lorna hesitated before turning back to you, her eyes peering through the dark classroom.

"I can control metal," she laughed. "It sounds like bullshit, but I can move metal with my mind Y/N. I don't know why but I knew something weird had to have started when my hair turned green."

"Huh?"

What was she talking about? Controlling metal? That didn't seem like something even Lorna would make up.

"Years ago, my hair turned green, I didn't know why but I lied and said I dyed it because well who's hair turns green on its own?"

You had always wondered why she decided to dye her hair green, it did suit her but at least if she was telling the truth, that'd clear that up.

"Are you sure you can control metal Lorna?" You asked. "Did you just dream it or something?"

She let out a groan of annoyance, looking around the room. Lorna opened the draws in the desk before she pulled out a small clear pot. She tipped a couple of dozen thumb tacks onto the desk top before looking you in the eye. Her hand raised, and she threw it back towards the blackboard. The thumb tacks followed her hand movement floating into the air and propelling towards the board, attaching themselves to it.

"That's so cool," you whispered, unsure of the fact that you said it.

"It really is."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by