Lorna Dane- The Hellfire Club (c)

Most people knew you for your loyalty, some may call it blind loyalty, but you wouldn't feel the same on the matter. You and Lorna had been best friends since you were in diapers and the fact that you were both mutants was a surprise but also a reason to need to stay close to one another. Neither of you knew your fathers and you knew you had gotten your mutations from them, so the only other mutants you knew were each other. Your mutations weren't alike, she could manipulate metal, whilst you could control and manipulate water. They didn't often work together too well, but it didn't affect your friendship.

Now you were both grown women, runaways from your homes, living in a mutant underground, a safe haven for mutants. It wasn't such a haven anymore though. The mutant underground wasn't safe, and people feared what was unknown for their futures, rightfully so, but it brought a divide between everyone, families, couples, the split didn't care for anyone.

Lorna was taking a role as leader in attempting to bring back the Hellfire Club, a group that has never been known for doing good, but also kept mutants safe. Even if they believed in non-mutants being killed for their safety, it gave people a sense of safety where the underground didn't. Lorna was set in her ideals that she even left behind her boyfriend and father of her unborn child, Marcos.

You may not have agreed with all of their ideals, but you believed in Lorna and wanted to support her, hoping this would go well.

"Are you sure Lorn?" You asked as you walked away from the underground.

"The Hellfire Club will keep us safe. They've asked for a war, and war has casualties. They're willing to massacre us, so why can't we retaliate?" She said firmly.

"Do you think this is going to keep us safe?" You asked.

Frankly you were dubious of both groups, neither having a sure-fire way to keep everyone safe. Of course, you weren't happy about a war, no matter whether it was your side or theirs that had casualties, it wasn't an ideal situation.

"It's the only way we are going to survive," she stated. "They want to wipe us out, turn us into them or worse, their weapons. We need to stand up or they are going to mow us down. There are going to be losses on both sides, we just need to rely on the fact that most of them will come from their side."

You let out a soft sigh. Even if you didn't know where to lie your loyalties, when it came to the groups, you had always trusted Lorna and her judgement and weren't going to stop that now.

"If you believe in the Hellfire Club, then I do too."

She gave you a warm smile, giving you a slap on the shoulder. "I know I could trust in you. What are best friends for?"

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by