Clint Barton- Date (c)

"Maybe we could go out for a drink or for dinner, up to you really," Clint smiled, attempting to seem confident even though you knew inside he was breaking down. "Just you know, thought we could go on a date."

You had liked Clint since you had first met, and he had made it rather obvious that he felt the same, but you knew in this moment you had the upper hand and couldn't let it go. He was trying to seem suave and confident, but neither of those words were words that described Clinton Francis Barton. He was a disaster of a human, and that was one of the things that intrigued you.

Trying to be nonchalant, you gave him a quizzical expression as though your mind wasn't screaming to accept his offer. Since you'd met you had wanted to go on a date with him, but you weren't going to let him know that, well at least not yet.

"Why should we date?" You asked, exaggerating the word date.

He paused. You knew he wasn't ready for you to question it. He thought you'd accept, and things would be easy, but he made your life a hell when you were working, so why the hell wouldn't you do the same to him now? Clint raised an eyebrow to see if you would budge, but keeping your expression flat, he had to think of an answer to your question.

"Because we are attracted to each other," he said as though it was a question, not only trying to convince you but himself as well.

You shrugged your shoulders dramatically. "I am attracted to pie, but I do not feel the need to date pie."

Fear was clear on his face. Although it was a joke, it did start to feel cruel, but you couldn't help laughing. Clint seemed confused by your laughter, stood there with a furrowed brow.

"I'm sorry Clint," you smiled fondly. "I'm joking."

"What?"

"I'm joking. Of course, I want to go on a date with you. I don't mind where, as long as it's us. You just cause me so much grief at work, I thought I'd get a tiny bit of payback."

A triumphant sigh escaped from his lips. "That was cruel. Justified but cruel."

You nodded your head, knowing it wasn't a nice thing to do, but he did deserve it and you wouldn't have changed what you had done if given the chance.

"Still want to go on that date?" You asked.

He grinned. "Of course."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.