Clint Barton- Burping (c)

Maybe allowing Clint to plan the date wasn't the most logical idea. At the time it seemed smart, you couldn't be bothered to plan anything or do as you usually did, convince Clint that he was the one whom had come up with the ideas although you had planned it all yourself.

Originally he planned to take you out to dinner but he ended up cutting his cheek with his razor and then he claimed that 'the car hated him'. That lead to the two of you deciding it was for the best if you just ordered in take out. However neither of you could pick what you wanted so you ended up pinning logos for each takeout place onto the darts board.

You knew that it was an unfair advantage for Clint to do it. It was clear that both of you knew what you wanted but didn't want to force the other one to eat what you wanted. Clint's exceptional aim meant he could pick exactly what the two of you were having, so instead you did it. You weren't completely incapable of throwing a dart but even if you aimed at an image you couldn't be anywhere near certain you'd hit it.

It resulted in several darts in the wall but one finally hit an image indicating that you were ordering pizza. Within an hour you and Clint were sat on the sofa with a can of coke each and a large pizza on the coffee table in front of you.

You'd been with Clint for over two years so you'd lost all sense of trying to stay 'ladylike'. You had one of his shirts on over your shorts and your hair was just pulled back from you face not really caring that your glasses were past reasonable cleanliness and that your hair resembled a birds nest. Leaning forward you grabbed a slice of pizza taking a bite out of it, wiping the grease from your mouth with the back of your hand. You took a mouthful of your coke, letting out a burp afterwards.

Clint raised an eyebrow at you, resulting in you grinning at him not seeing issue in your actions. You were at home and there was only Clint to witness it, and you knew he wouldn't tell anyone.

"Damn, I fucking love you," he smirked at you, nudging you with his elbow.

"Don't be sarcastic," you frowned reaching your hand up to flick his ear.

He stole the slice of pizza from you throwing it back into the box whilst you put your can of drink onto the floor.

"I'm not being sarcastic. I love that you don't care and are completely natural and relaxed. Granted it'd not pleasant to be out burped by my girlfriend but it is surprisingly pleasant to lose to a burping contest to the woman I love," he smiled lifting your chin up for you to look in his eyes.

You let out a soft laugh. "I'm glad you enjoy our burping competitions," you said cupping his cheek running your thumb over the cut from the razor. "Have you ever questioned the dysfunctionality of this relationship? We need normal couple hobbies."

He chuckled kissing you.

"I'm fine with how we are now. Minus your garlicy breath from the pizza. That's not great."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.