Jemma Simmons- Hospital (c)

Hospitals were a horrible place to be, in all honesty it felt like the place just made you feel sicker even though it was supposed to be a place to make you feel better. The clinical white walls, and strong scent of disinfectant, made you more and more desperate to escape your hospital room and go home. The only thing keeping you sane was Jemma. She had been at your bedside for the last two nights, keeping you company and dwelling in her self-hatred.

The reason you were in hospital was due to an accident in the lab, and Jemma blamed herself. Something went wrong with a chemical reaction that Jemma was conducting but she didn't notice the imminent danger she was in. Luckily you did. You pushed her out of the way and took the brunt of the explosion. You were lucky though. Mainly your injuries were chemical burns that had been treated well already, but you were under observation, along with a few pieces of glass that were imbedded in your skin but were removed smoothly.

Jemma was looking down at her hands when you reached across to grab one of them. She looked you in the eyes and you could see she had been crying before.

"Don't blame yourself," you said softly.

She shook her head, giving your hand a gentle squeeze.

"If you hadn't saved me, you wouldn't have gotten hurt."

You rolled your eyes. You had loved Jemma for years and you were beyond happy in your relationship with her, but she could be awfully daft when it came to you getting hurt. Even though you predominantly worked in a lab, it could be a dangerous job and with that came risks, risks you'd agreed to take when you joined the team. Sometimes she forgot that.

"You'd have been hurt far more than I was. You were paying attention as you were busy. I don't blame you. No one does, so please don't blame yourself," you said gently. "Please don't beat yourself up about something like this."

Jemma gave you a weak smile as you rubbed circles around the back of her hand with your thumb.

"I'm sorry."

Once more your eyes rolled.

"Oh, do stop talking Simmons," you laughed. "Just kiss me woman."

She couldn't help but laugh at your demand, leaning in to press her lips to yours. Jemma relaxed as your lips connected and it reassured you that no matter what the two of you went through she'd always be there for you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by