Wanda Maximoff- Depression (c)

It had become the day in which you needed to reveal a secret to the woman you loved. You were scared of how she would react, hence why you didn't tell her, although you were hopeful that she cared enough for you that she wouldn't mind. Wanda could read minds but from the beginning of your relationship she had promised never to read yours, which you were terribly grateful for. When you told her that you needed to talk about something important, she was understanding, yet you could see the nervousness expression appear on her face.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

It was a perfectly reasonable question, yet you had no idea how to respond to it.

You took a deep breath before beginning what would become a long conversation about yourself and all she didn't know. You had suffered from depression for a long time, something you had worked on for a while, but you knew it would be a part of you for the future, possibly forever. Although you suffered from it daily, you had done everything in your power to hide it from Wanda, thinking she would think of you less for your mental illness.

However, as you told her your tale, from diagnosis to how you suffer with it now, she listened patiently, she nodded her head in an understanding manner and didn't interrupt. You felt stupid due to tears coming to your eyes as you discussed the thoughts you had no control over, the therapy you had experienced and the medication you had taken. You knew that it was an illness many had, yet it made you feel so alone, so telling Wanda helped tackle that. As you finished talking you apologised for having kept it from her.

Once the words had left your mouth, a weight had lifted from your shoulders too. Wanda gave you an encouraging smile as she leaned in to wrap her arms around you in a tight hug.

"Thank you for telling me," she said softly. "I wish you had told me sooner, but I understand why you didn't."

"I'm sorry," you whispered, still in her arms.

"You have nothing to be sorry about," she assured you. "I'm here for you through everything, and I will do anything in my power to help you with this, I just might need some time to know how to help properly."

You couldn't help but grin at her. You couldn't understand how you could have ever thought she would act negatively but nevertheless you were just grateful to have someone as amazing as Wanda in your life.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request