Jean Grey- Fresh Air (h)

You were well aware of the fact that your girlfriend worked way too much, she really didn't know when to have a break or when to relax or when to just be a normal person.

Of course, she had convinced herself that she isn't capable of being a normal person, however you always tried your best to reassure her that she had the right to be happy and have a nice time with people.

She would just bury herself in her work and appear back at your room in the early hours, sleep for a matter of hours and then disappear again to go back to work.

You worked at the school too, but you were just their counsellor.

Jean had gone down to the Professor's office a few hour ago, and you knew that she wouldn't leave as she would just keep talking to him about anything and everything that could possible go long because that's what she did – she formulated every single worse case scenario and then tried to figure out a way to resolve them all by herself.

You had decided to go and get your girlfriend out of the Professor's office, to drag her for a walk around the grounds as you felt like she hadn't actually been outside in days.

Walking down the stairs, you smiled at a few students that saw you before you reached the Professor's office and pushed the door open "Ah, hello Y/N" the Professor greeted you and you smiled at him.

Jean turned around with a confused expression on her face "What are you doing down here? I thought you were doing some work?" she speculated.

You walked over to her and held out your hand "I am taking you to get some fresh air" you told her.

She shook her head "I am not ill Love; I don't need fresh air" she dismissed your statement.

You crossed your arms and looked to the Professor who smirked "We've talked enough for today Jean, go with Y/N" he spoke softly and gestured towards you with his hand.

Jean sighed and stood up, she took your hand in hers and the two of you left the office.

"This is what the outside looks like" you spoke with sarcasm dripping from your tone, which caused your girlfriend to roll her eyes.

"Stop being sarcastic" she stated sternly but you knew there was a hint of amusement there.

You shook your head stubbornly "Nope – you signed up for this"

~*~

Written by Hannah.