Loki Laufeyson- Snow (h)

A part of you couldn't quite imagine what Christmas was like in a completely different world to yours.

Did they have the same customs? Did they celebrate it in the same way?

It was doubtful that they would, but that wasn't going to stop you from taking your boyfriend up on the offer to travel home with him for the holidays.

Your family didn't know about where Loki was actually from, however they knew you were going to be spending time with him.

Despite Loki trying to prepare you for the Bifrost as much as possible, it was still a shock, and it wasn't as if it was your first time to Asgard.

When you landed Loki quickly grabbed your arm to steady you, but chuckling at the same time.

"Your third time here and you still can't handle the journey?"

You softly glared at him. "Well excuse me for not being perfect at your weird way of travel."

He laughed at your words, and nodded at Heimdall in greeting.

"Welcome back Your Highness, and your Lady," he greeted the both of you.

Loki moved your hand into the crook of his elbow as the two of you began the walk across the Bifrost.

Despite having been there a couple of times prior, it still amazed you.

"So how do you do Christmas here?"

Your boyfriend turned to you in confusion. "How do you think we do your holiday?"

"Well I'm not sure if you celebrate it at all to be completely honest."

He smiled down at you. "We do the conventional gift giving and a rather large tree."

"You do?"

"Yes. My brother's influence from Midgard I'm afraid," he explained with a shrug of his shoulders. "He brought that woman of his here and she explained it all to my Mother who fell in love with the idea."

"Jane?"

"Ah yes. That's her name."

You rolled your eyes at him. "She was with him for two years!"

"So? I hardly paid attention," he stated. "She irritated me and then didn't believe me when I tried to make amends with my brother."

"Well it was surprising."

Your boyfriend scoffed at your words but leant down to kiss your hair nonetheless.

After a few more moments of comfortable silence and walking, the two of you reached the palace and made your way into the throne room.

Odin was sat in his throne, whilst Frigga was attending to an absolutely massive tree in the back corner of the room.

Loki cleared his throat when the two of you were far enough in, causing Frigga to turn around.

"Mother. Father," Loki acknowledged his parents.

Frigga came to give him a hug, and then swept you into one also before Loki went to share a short embrace with his father.

"I see you've already started with the decorations," he observed as he nodded towards the tree.

Frigga's face lit up with a smile at the mention of the tree, she was seemingly quite proud of it.

"Oh yes. I decorated it myself."

You smiled at her. "It is quite impressive. Much more than my family would ever manage back home."

She returned your smile and reached down to gently hold your hand. "I was overjoyed when Loki came to tell us you'd be spending this time with us," she told you before leaning down to whisper. "Truth be told, I am quite glad to see my mischievous son so happy."

You and Frigga stayed talking for a short while longer before Loki appeared at your side again.

"As much as I hate to interrupt. I would like to steal my lady back."

Frigga laughed at her son, but smiled at the both of you and made her way over to her throne next to Odin.

You linked your arm through Loki's and the two of you began to walk out of the throne room, heading for Loki's chambers.

As you walked down the halls, you could see the effort that was put in to make the palace look ready for the holiday's and it was quite amazing to see the touches of Earth-like traditions around.

"I'm glad you're with us for this time," Loki spoke up as the two of you walked.

You turned to him, with a smile on your face. "There's no one I'd rather spend my Christmases with."

"Plural?"

"Well...yes," you stated as a faint blush crossed your face – you and Loki had never spoken much about your future together.

Loki stopped walking and pulled you to stand in front of him. "Perhaps one day we can have all our holidays here."

"Are you asking me to move?"

Your boyfriend smirked at your realisation. "Not quite yet my dear. We shall spend this Christmas together, and then we can work it out."

"How about we see if we can get a bit of snow around here?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.