Steve Rogers- Confession (c)

"No," you screamed as you saw Wanda disappear, ash being left amongst the leaves covering the floor.

The battle was hard enough with the loss you face, however it was only getting worse as you saw friends and allies disappear into ash. Tears streamed down your face as you ran through the aftermath of the battle to try and find Steve. There was no logic to who disappeared, so you didn't know if you had already lost him or if you'd be next.

You'd both worked with the Avengers for years and you had been in love with him since you met, but you had never had the confidence to admit your feelings to him. As you ran through, people kept vanishing before your eyes; you did everything you could to contain the sobs, to no avail.

With one more turn through wreckage, you saw the blond-haired man knelt down by a pile of ash.

"Steve," you shouted at the top of your lungs, tackling him down to the ground.

Your arms wrapped around him tight, so glad that he hadn't disappeared, but still so desperate to not lose him as he couldn't still disappear.

"Y/N," he smiled softly, wrapping his arms around you too.

Just being held made you feel special, especially in a moment of such loss, when there was no certainty that both of you would walk away from this.

"I love you Steve," you whispered, refusing to let go of him in fear he'd disappear too.

He forced you to arm's length so that he could look you in the eyes.

"What?" He asked, tears staining his cheeks.

"I've been in love with you forever, I've just been too scared to ever say anything," you whispered, terrified of his reaction.

A grin curled onto his lips as he leaned in to kiss you softly. It was such a gentle kiss that you doubted it'd even happened.

"I've loved you for a long while too," he said softly, wiping one of your tears away with his thumb.

You couldn't help the weak smile on your face as you looked at him. Even with so much destruction and loss around you, you were still just glad to have him by your side.

"I was so scared that I had lost you," you whispered, pulling him close to your again, to make sure he couldn't slip through your fingers.

"I'm glad you're okay."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.