Maria Hill- Fake Laugh (h)

You had always had this kind of habit about wanting everything to be organised, or even cleaned if people weren't there.

This then led to explaining why you were at your best friend Maria's apartment whilst she was on a mission, she was due back any day but you had a key and wanted to make sure it was all nice and clean for her – she wasn't the most organised person, but you still loved her to death.

When Maria left for the mission, her apartment might as well have been a bloody bomb site, you wouldn't have even been able to tell the difference.

Of course, you had no clue of the mess until you decided that you should probably put her mail inside of her apartment instead of leaving it out for the whole world to see.

You had no clue when Maria would be back, but you had taken up just kind of chilling in her apartment as you knew she wouldn't mind...that much.

You hadn't realised that you had fallen asleep until you heard the door open and close "Y/N?" you heard Maria ask hesitantly.

You slowly sat up from the coach, the blanket that was over you falling to the floor, "Hey Maria" you answered her with a tiny smile.

She had a confused expression on her face after she dropped her bags to the floor "Why are you here? And why does my place look like a show room for it to be sold?" she asked two questions in quick succession.

You stood up, "Well I came to drop your post off and I saw that your place was a little messy. Okay, not a little, a lot, I love you Maria but how the hell can you live in somewhere that is just mess?" you quizzed without actually explaining anything, "Anyway, I thought I should give it a clean as I doubt anyone wants to come home to a messy flat" you explained.

Maria didn't smile, she only sighed "I thought you would've done something like this" she said as she ran a hand though her rather knotted hair, no offence Maria.

"I'm not leaving until you laugh about this" you told her with a joking tone, as you placed a hand on your hip.

Maria rolled her eyes, "Haha" she said in a monotone so you knew that she was slightly annoyed, and probably just wanted some sleep.

"That was a fake laugh" you stated with a pout on your face.

"Yes, but still a laugh" she told you and you rolled your eyes, "Now, get out of my apartment"

~*~

Written by Hannah.