Thor Odinson- Optimistic (h)

It wasn't uncommon for you to find yourself in some form of trouble – it was more common than you'd care to admit.

You weren't the classical civilian, but you also weren't from their world.

Thor was an acquaintance at best, you'd met him in passing when the Avengers had been at S.H.I.E.L.D and then you had found yourself on Asgard.

You didn't exactly remember how you'd gotten there but when you woke up, you had a crazy death woman staring down at you.

From what you deciphered from her ramblings was that she was Thor's sister and also loved death and war a bit too much.

Fighting off her guards wasn't the favourable scenario, based on how the others had fared, so you found yourself locked in a cell whilst the fighting was turning into chaos.

You felt like you were utterly useless but there was no way you would be able to break out – you had tried and had dented the bars, but they were nowhere near close to breaking.

As you heard footsteps you bolted up to see Thor running down the corridor.

"Y/N?"

You laughed. "You remember my name?"

He nodded, pulling at the bars until they eventually broke so you could get out. "Stark is a big fan of you and your reputation – talked about you a large amount after we'd bumped into you."

"Has your crazy sister won yet?

He sighed before walking with you to the room where they'd stored your weapons. "No, but she will."

"That's not very optimistic now is it?"

"If you have seen my sister on the battlefield then you wouldn't have optimism."

You laughed as the two of you ran back out. "You've known her a day Thor! Keep up the optimism."

Soon enough the two of you were lost in your own battles but even you found it difficult to stay optimistic as Hela blasted her wrath over every single person out there trying to live.

Crazy wasn't an apt word to describe her.

As time went on, more people fell but they were from both sides – a sign that Hela wasn't winning.

Eventually it got to the point where Hela was staring at Thor on the bridge.

"Hela give it up."

She scoffed, shaking her head. "I have no need to stop."

You glared at her, taking a step forward so you were level with Thor.

Hela's eyes flicked to you and a smirk grew on her face. "Ah you're the Midgardian I locked in my cells."

"They were never yours."

"Asgard is my birth right."

You scoffed as Thor held back a chuckle. "Yeah a right that shouldn't be because even Odin didn't want you anymore."

"How do you know so much?"

You shrugged with a smirk of your own. "I listened, and your guards are quite loose lipped."

She glared at you before flicking her wrist towards one of her minions and he shot forward, lunging a dagger into your side.

It happened so suddenly that you were unable to properly register it.

You saw fire, panic on Hela's face and then it went black.

Groaning as you opened your eyes, they adjusted to the light and you saw Thor staring down at you worriedly.

His hands shot out to stop you as you went to sit up.

"It's all okay," he told you as he adjusted you, so you were comfortable. "Hela is burned, but so is Asgard. We're on a ship, no necessary course as of yet but we're safe."

You smiled at him before glancing down to the bandage at your side. "Who bandaged me up? I passed out, so I must've lost a lot of blood."

Thor sighed. "Yes, you lost a lot of blood," he confirmed. "But Valkyrie helped you, she's had a lot of injuries in the past, so she was the best to help you."

"Remind me to thank her."

"And I must thank you."

You tilted your head in confusion. "For what?"

"For reminding me to be optimistic."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by