Pietro Maximoff- Stubborn (h)

Realistically, no relationship was ever going to be a walk in the park.

It wasn't possible for anything to be perfect or for it to be a whole field of daisies.

In some way the possibility of a relationship being easy could significantly decrease if the other person was a superhero, but it could still work.

You weren't in the same league as your friends or as your boyfriend.

The Avengers were your friends, but it was because of them that you had met Pietro.

Pietro was probably one of the greatest guys, in your eyes of course – in Clint's he was very irritating and pretty much one of the most arrogant guys he'd ever met.

Everything would always be different dependent on who you were asking, but to you Pietro was undoubtedly the best thing to happen to you in a good long while.

With that said, even though Pietro was amazingly fast, he didn't always work so fast with the issues you guys had together.

"Hey Y/N/N, why is speedy running laps in the gym?"

You sighed as you turned to Tony. "Maybe he wants a work out?"

Tony scoffed before sitting down next to you. "He never works that hard unless he has something to run away from."

"The argument we had probably has something to do with it."

"And what was it about this time?" another voice joined in the conversation, and you knew it was Clint.

Clint sat down on the floor in front of the sofa.

"It isn't too difficult to hear you guys arguing Y/N, and it doesn't happen too often but often enough for us to know something is wrong."

You sighed at Clint's words. "He's stopped listening to me when I try to explain the fact that he's been out too often and it's worrying me."

Tony chuckled. "He's a teenager, well acting like one anyway and he was experimented on from a young age – let the guy have a bit of fun."

You turned to Tony with a slight glare. "He's had his fun for the last year," you stated with a tone. "I am pretty sure it is time for him to settle down."

Clint shrugged. Standing up and motioning for Tony to do the same. "He's in the gym Y/N," Clint told you with a small smile. "Give him hell if you must but make him stop that annoying squeaking of the trainers as he runs."

As you made your way to the gym, you ran through multiple scenarios of what could go down, but no real outcome came to mind.

Once you pushed the door open Pietro immediately stopped running and turned to you whilst breathing heavily.

"Clint complained about the squeaking of your trainers."

Pietro scoffed, rolling his eyes. "As annoying as that man is, he doesn't do justice on your nagging."

"My nagging?"

He sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "That's not what I meant."

You sat down on one of the benches, motioning for Pietro to sit down next to you.

"If this is going to turn into a screaming match then I'd like the opportunity to leave down."

You fought the urge to roll your eyes at your boyfriend. "Piet, I just want you to see where I'm coming from."

"You're trying to stop me from having a good time."

"No, I'm just worried about how much you're going out," you explained for what felt like the thousandth time. "And when I see it all over the news and magazines that you've been partying with idiotic guys that are into drugs and women who are only after your status – yeah it makes me feel like a million bucks."

Pietro sighed. "Baby, I wish you'd told me."

"I have Pietro!"

"Not in that way."

You shook your head. "Yes, in that way, many times in that way."

"Baby..."

"Look, I don't want to stop you from going out and having a good time," you told your boyfriend with a shrug of your shoulders. "I just want you to either ask me every once in a while, reduce the amount you go and please don't cheat on me."

Pietro reached out for you, grabbing your hand. "Nothing would make me cheat on you."

"I know what alcohol does, I know what drugs do – trust me I've seen it with Tony enough times."

"I'm not Stark, am I?"

You sighed as you shook your head. "No, you're not," you admitted in a soft tone. "But what Tony told me earlier is true – you lost your childhood, and you fought as a teenager – you should be allowed to go out and have fun."

"My life is better because I have you in it."

A smile broke out on your face. "And mine is better because of you," you agreed. "Although all of this arguing is draining me out."

"I run off the steam, but I'm never drained."

You laughed. "Yeah, Clint calls you annoying for a reason – all that squeaking gives us a headache."

"How about a night in tonight?"

Pietro pulled you into his arms.

"I love you Princess."

You gigged. "And I love you. You enormously stubborn pain in the arse."

"Stubborn, no," Pietro tried to defend yourself. "But pain in the arse, I assume I have to agree with."

"I guess I'm stubborn enough for the both of us."

Your boyfriend chuckled but nodded in agreement. "As much as I love you, stubborn is definitely something that you are."

"And you are a pain in the arse, so I guess we're even."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.