Clint Barton- Ornithophobia (c)

You had attempted to have a nap on your day off, but before you could even doze off into a peaceful slumber you were forced to jump upright at the sound of your husband screaming. Clint, being an avenger very rarely ended up making high pitch screams without there being a reason to, so it frankly terrified you to hear such a thing.

Grabbing the gun you hid in the bedside table, you made your way quickly yet stealthily towards the lounge where you had heard Clint scream. You couldn't hear any form of commotion which worried you. Holding the gun in front of you, you entered the room to see no one inside and no form of mess- minus the lamp that had fallen from the table.

Frankly you were confused by the matter as you looked around, then noticing your husband cowered in the corner of the room.

"Clint, what's wrong?" You asked. He didn't have a scratch on him and other than the window opened a little there wasn't any way that anyone could have broken into the room without you having noticed them.

He raised a shaky hand pointing towards the window. You followed where he pointed to see a small bird perched on the arm of a chair in front of the window. The small robin was sat on it's own, looking rather pleased with itself.

"The robin?"

Clint nodded frantically. "Get rid of it."

You cocked an eyebrow at him. "Are you scared?"

He attempted to puff out his chest to act brave, but the tiny bird fluttered its wings causing the grown man to squeak and flinch back once more.

"No..." He said shakily.

"You are, aren't you?" You smirked.

He let out a reluctant sigh, keeping a fearful look towards the feathered friend that had made its way into your house.

"Okay, I'm scared of birds," he muttered.

"What do you mean you're scared of birds?" You questioned, finding the fact rather amusing.

"It's a valid fear," he stated defensively.

You smirked at him, trying not to laugh at the fact.

"You do see the irony in it right? You are Hawkeye as in Hawk. One of the most successful predatory birds, and you're practically shitting yourself at a robin."

"It's not funny," he frowned. "Please can you just get rid of it."

You rolled your eyes, and made your way slowly towards the robin, lunging to cup it inside your hands. It clearly didn't enjoy the fact, so you quickly moved it to the window releasing it into its freedom, closing the window so it couldn't return.

"There you go Love," you grinned. "I'll protect you from the feathered fiends."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.