Bucky Barnes- J.A.R.V.I.S. (h)

Despite your fiancé already being quite gifted, shall we say, in the form of fitness – you still liked to make him challenge himself when it came to smarts.

Of course, he was intelligent but he wasn't as up to date with technology as he should've been due to him having been out of 'Winter Solider' mode for the past three or so years.

You had been wanting to go on a road trip type getaway for a while, and you had finally managed to get Bucky to like the idea enough to actually agree to go with you.

The getaway meant that Bucky was going to be driving to a small log cabin that you had rented out in the mountains in Canada; it was a place that was far away from all of the avengers, and even though you loved them to pieces you just wanted a little peace and quiet which you knew wouldn't last long but it was the thought that counted.

The car was absolutely packed to the brim, full of bags with things you might need and maybe might not need but it was better to overpack than to not have whatever you wanted.

Bucky wasn't really sure on what to pack and what not to pack, as even though you had told him about what your holiday was going to entail he was still unsure.

As it was going to be a pretty long journey, you were sat in the front seat of the car with a blanket over you and you were adamant on wearing comfy clothes because that was an essential when having long car journeys.

You had stolen one of Bucky's leisure hoodies that was extremely big on you but ever so comfortable.

Bucky climbed into the driver's side of the car, and threw another backpack onto the backseat before turning to you "You got everything you need?" you quizzed as you looked up from your phone.

He nodded in response as he started up the car "Steve was complaining about missing us though" he told you.

You laughed and curled up in the chair even more, still with your seat belt on which surprisingly wasn't digging into you for once, "What's new there? He always misses you – some even call him clingy" you joked.

He chuckled as he started the long drive to the cabin "What even are we going away for?" he questioned out of curiosity.

You shrugged "I don't know, some time away? I mean, as much as I love living and working with the team, I'd at least like some time with the guy who I am going to marry without Tony asking J.A.R.V.I.S to check in on us every five minutes" you offered some form of an explanation to Bucky.

Your words caused Bucky to laugh again "I feel like I'm going to miss that robotic voice though" he came up with a small defence.

You rolled your eyes at him "You'd rather have J.A.R.V.I.S over me?" you asked in a jokey tone.

He laughed and reached over the console to intertwine his fingers with yours "Of course not Doll" he answered before bringing your joined hands up to press a kiss to the back of your hand "You're going to be Mrs Barnes, remember?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.