Bucky Barnes- Sunshine (c)

The sudden jolt beside you, forced you awake with a start. You attempted to peer through the darkness that surrounded you in the late night, but you struggled with you tired eyes. Reaching out, you felt your partner beside you, shaking, violently flinching away as you touched him. Feeling around you, flicked on the lamp beside you, to reveal Bucky in a state. His knees were pulled up to his chest, his dark hair a mess from sleep and tears falling down his cheeks.

You took a second to adapt to the light and what was going on before turning your full attention to your boyfriend.

"It's okay," you said softly, hesitantly reaching out to him.

This time he didn't flinch as you rested your hand on his arm, to test how he was.

"What's wrong, Love?" You asked.

"Night terrors," he whispered, his voice hoarse.

Most nights Bucky had night terrors or nightmares, unable to sleep through due to the decades of hell that he had had to endure. Even though you were often awoken when he was, you didn't care, wishing to support him through it when you could. Knowing that he knew you were not going to hurt him, you wrapped your arms around him.

He sobbed softly into your chest as you cradled him the best you could, allowing one of your hands to run through his messy dark tresses, trying to keep him calm. You cooed to him softly as you tried to get him to breath at a normal rate again and to calm down. You'd never be able to heal all the wounds he had from his time as an assassin, but you could help in his recovery no matter how long it took. Although there were nightmares or terrors every night, helping him get back to sleep was taking less and less time.

"It's going to be okay Bucky," you said softly, kissing his hair.

"Please just talk to me," he whispered.

You nodded your head, beginning to talk about what you had dreamed before you woke up, telling him any details you could think of. It was rambling, and you doubted that Bucky cared but you knew that your voice gave him something that he could focus on rather than on the fear within him.

"I don't know what else to say," you stated, running out of things to say about your dream.

"Sing something."

Singing wasn't one of your talents, but you were used to singing random songs to calm him at night. Letting your hand to continue to run through his hair you begun to sing.

"You are my sunshine..."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.