Clint Barton- Coddle (c)

Grace wasn't really your forte. You had learnt from a very early age that you were a clumsy mess, and something as simple as walking in a straight line was nearly impossible due to your feet hating each other.

A couple of days ago you were doing your best to walk down the stairs to go make your morning coffee for yourself and your boyfriend. However, your feet had different ideas, and crossed each other's paths making you fall down the stairs. Usually your clumsy instances, resulted in your boyfriend having to help you up and nothing terrible occurred, but this time you ended up in hospital needing to have your leg put into a cast after having broken your leg.

Ever since that had happened you were under the watchful eye of Clint Barton, your over-protective boyfriend that was adamant you weren't going to do anything else stupid.

He had taken time off from work and was spending every waking moment by your side or running around doing stuff for you even though you had done your best to make it clear that you were perfectly capable in taking care of yourself.

Granted it was nice to not have to do certain things, but you weren't completely incompetent, you didn't need someone to go get you a drink or carry you to bed at night, but Clint wasn't taking no for an answer.

Seen as you were being strictly told to rest by Clint, the two of you had curled up on the couch and were watching films. Due to the fact you weren't allowed to do anything, you were making sure to pick which films you were to watch.

Although you loved relaxing days with the man you loved, even with a heavy weight attached to your leg, you were still slightly annoyed that you weren't allowed to do what you wanted when you wanted.

Clint had his arms wrapped around your middle as you attempted to lean over to grab your glass from the coffee table, feeling rather parched.

Before you could even move properly, Clint had shuffled to grab it and hand it to you.

You took a mouthful of your drink before attempting to return it to its coaster but Clint ended up doing it for you before you could do it for yourself.

"Clint, you really don't have to coddle me," you sighed leaning back into his arms.

He leaned down to kiss your hair, pulling you closer to him.

"It's not coddling, it's called being loving," he laughed.

"I can do things for myself," you groaned.

"But you don't have to," he commented. "I am here to help you."

You let out an exasperated sigh.

"I am capable of taking care of myself. I appreciate it, really I do, however I can do things on my own, such as reach for a drink."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.