Lorna Dane- Family: Part 3 (c)

"Let go of me!" You shouted fighting against Marcos' arms as he tried to restrain you and help you hide.

"You know I can't do that," he said softly attempting to stay calm.

The two of you, along with John and Lorna had gone to retrieve a mutant in need. Clarice was able to create portals, and had escaped from a prison, now being tracked down by Atlanta Police. You had found her but so had the police, and in finding her, you lost Lorna. Lorna was caught by the police and there wasn't anything you could do about it.

You and she had become close, fallen in love and were happy for once. Now that wasn't the case because you were being dragged away by your friend. You attempted to fight from his grasps, wanting to help her but you couldn't.

A dark blanket formed over the top of everyone.

"Y/N, stop," John hissed as he ran ahead of you and Marcos, Clarice at his side.

Tears streamed down your face as the rain begun to fall dangerously fast from the clouds, lighting and thunder following hastily. You had begun to learn to control your powers, Lorna had been teaching you, but with the grief and pain, knowing that you may not see her again, it forced you into a blur.

Marcos stopped moving, John circling around to stand before you. He grabbed hold of your face, forcing you to look at him.

"Y/N stop it now!" He growled. "If you don't stop we're all going to get caught. At least if we all get away, we have a chance to save her."

"We have to save her," you sobbed uncontrollably, the storm continuing overhead.

Marcos turned you in his arms so that you faced him, forcing John's hands away from you. He raised a hand to brush your tears away from your eyes.

"Hey Y/N," he smiled softly. "It's Marcos, can you understand me?"

You nodded your head, still not allowing your tears or the rain to let up.

"Look, I know this is hurting you, but I need you to calm down. Lorna wouldn't want you in this state, and we need to help her, but we can't like this. So please Y/N, stop the storm."

You choked on your sobs. The tears didn't relent but your breathing became steadier. You raised both of your arms and crossed them quickly as though brushing the clouds out of the sky, forcing them and the storm to disappear.

"There you go," Marcos smiled, kissing your hair. "We need to get out of here now."

"Let's go."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.