Wanda Maximoff- Sooty (h)

It had been a relatively slow day at the sanctuary; not many people came in during the week as they worked and most families had children in school and such, so that meant the weekends were hectic but it was usually good because it meant that quite a few animals got adopted.

You were working in the kitten and puppy unit, but someone knocked on the door so you went outside to see who it was. Your co-worker Shawn was stood there, "Yeah Shawn?" you asked as you stepped out of the unit and shut the door behind you.

"There's someone in reception that wants to see you" he told you and you sighed, glancing back at the unit knowing you couldn't really leave it unattended "Don't worry, it's my turn for the unit now" Shawn reassured you.

You smiled at Shawn and then left him to walk up to reception. Once you reached reception, you saw your brunette fiancée stood talking to the receptionist Kyle "Hey Love" you greeted her and she walked over to hug you, whilst Kyle just smiled at the two of you.

Wanda knew and was friends with literally everyone at the sanctuary, she would just appear and talk to someone for a while if she was waiting for you.

"Not that this is a bad surprise, but why are you here?" you asked as you leant against the reception counter.

Wanda smiled at you "I'm here to pick up our cat" she stated and your mouth dropped open, you had completely forgotten that you and Wanda had decided to adopt a cat, he was one of your favourites from the sanctuary.

"I completely forgot about that" you admitted which caused Wanda to laugh. You glanced over at Kyle, who had a smile on his face, "Can we just go and collect him now?" you smiled back at him as you spoke.

Kyle typed something into his computer before swivelling back around in his chair and facing the two of you "Course you can" he said, the smile not faltering for a second "You both filled in all of the paperwork last night, and the home check was completely fine – even though you have quite a few people in your house" Kyle laughed slightly at his comment of the amount of people in the tower.

It definitely wasn't a normal household.

You reached for Wanda's hand and intertwined your fingers "Come on then, we are going to pick up our cat" you announced as you started to walk out of reception.

The two of you walked across the courtyard to the cattery; Wanda went straight over to the cat, whereas you grabbed a pet carrier and a blanket for the pet carrier first.

"He's so cute" Wanda said as she crouched down in front of Sooty's pen, and he instantly recognised her as he came up to the door of his pen, once she opened his pen he came out to her and nuzzled up against her.

"He is indeed" you agreed with her, as you sat down next to her and she placed Sooty into his pet carrier.

She leant forward and kissed you quickly, "Can we have them all?"  

~*~

Written by Hannah.