Steve Roger- Conventional (h)

Moving in with someone was always going to be an adventure, even if you had known the person for a long time.

It was a decision that had to be made carefully, planning out all of the options and what would be the best plan moving forward.

You and Steve had been in a relationship for three years, always going between your flat and his but more staying at his place due to yours being pretty far out from the city.

For a time, it had worked.

It was the easiest option for the both of you to have your own space every now and again, not needing to live together to have a foundation for your relationship.

However, after your third-year anniversary, Steve had approached the subject with you.

He wanted to live with you, he wanted to be able to have a home with you because he loved you.

Despite the two of you not quite considering marriage as of yet – that didn't stop Steve from being adamant about the two of you having a home together.

Instead of one of you giving up your flat, the both of you had decided to give up both of them and move into a house together.

That way, the two of you would be starting afresh with each other in a new place.

It was going to be your first Christmas with Steve where you were actually living each other, and you couldn't be more excited.

Earlier on in the week, you and Steve had gone to get a real tree from the local woods – upsides of having a strong boyfriend – and it was now stood proudly in your living room.

You were digging around in the cardboard boxes of decorations that were all around you and you produced a rather peculiar Christmas decoration.

"Steve?" you called to your boyfriend who had been in the kitchen, getting some drinks.

He came back holding two mugs, a smile on his face. "Yes Doll?"

You held up the decoration, letting it dangle from your fingers. "Do you really own a gold pineapple tree ornament?"

He chuckled as he nodded before reaching to take it from you. "Tony bought it for me, a sort of gag joke if you will, for my first Christmas after I was out of the ice."

You couldn't help but smile at the sentiment behind the, rather odd looking, decoration.

"It doesn't have to go on the tree if you don't want it to."

You shook your head, holding your hand out for the decoration. "Who wouldn't want a golden pineapple on their Christmas tree?"

Steve laughed at your words, handing you the decoration and then leaning forward to kiss you gently.

"Besides, we've never been the most conventional," you stated as you placed the ornament on a branch. "So, let's have a very unconventional Christmas tree."

~*~

Written by Hannah.