Bucky Barnes- Chocolate (c)

Today was just another bad day. No real reason, no real answer to it. It was just a pain reverberating through you and it was as though a weight was being held on your shoulders. You weren't sad per se, you just felt as though even breathing was impossible, everything seemed harder and you just felt as though nothing had meaning.

These occurred fairly often and you still couldn't explain what the point in it was, but all you could explain was- depression is a bitch. However there was one sure fire way to make sure it didn't get worse- eat chocolate.

Seen as you had one of these days last week you hadn't restocked the fridge, but luckily someone had bought a large pack of profiteroles with a tub of chocolate in the pack. You microwaved the chocolate and grabbed a spoon. You took the tub of liquid chocolate and went back to the sofa, scooping a spoonful of it into your mouth.

By the time you had gotten over halfway through the pot someone walked into the room giving you a concerned look.

"Bad day doll?" Bucky smiled softly leaning against the door frame.

You looked up at your boyfriend returning a weak smile.

"Yeah."

He joined you on the sofa, pulling you to him. He looped his arm around your waist, holding you so your back was to his chest. You took another scoop of the chocolate guiding it to his mouth.

"This seems like a good plan. Eating chocolate with my best girl," he grinned still with the chocolate in his mouth.

You swung your arm back lightly tapping his arm, "don't talk with your mouth full."

He chuckled.

"Sorry."

You continued to eat the chocolate, alternating between eating it yourself and giving some to Bucky. Just being in his arms helped you feel like everything was a little brighter. It didn't solve everything by any means however it did give you hope knowing he was there for you in your time of need.

Once you'd finished your food, you placed the pot and spoon on the coffee table, turning slightly to look up at Bucky. He wrapped his arms tighter around you so that you could rest your head onto his shoulder, with your face in the crook of his neck. But as you went to curl into his arms you noticed a chocolate smear across his lips.

"You've got some-"

"Huh?"

You smiled softly at him, cupping his cheek with one hand, leaning in to kiss him. It was mainly to remove the chocolate from his lip, but that didn't really work seen as now it was smudged onto yours as well.

He laughed as you pulled away. Bucky licked his lips, before using his thumb to rub it from yours. He smiled at you, tapping your nose resulting in a pout appearing on your face. You leant your head down so you could rest it on his shoulder with him turning his head to kiss your hair. 

~*~

Written by Charlotte.