T'Challa- Legacy (h)

You hadn't lived in Wakanda long, but you had been there long enough to feel as if it was your home.

It took a while to get used to the area due to it being completely unlike anywhere you had lived – however once it felt like home, you never wanted to leave.

Of course, it was far away from the rest of your family, but it was somehow worth it at times.

The times where you got to help Shuri in her lab and accomplish something, when you would be allowed to sit in on the council meetings and even give an input that could be useful.

You'd gone for a walk through the gardens of the palace before finding an adorable little bench that had become your new favourite reading spot.

As you were walking through the gardens again, your book in your hand, you noticed T'Challa sat on your bench with his head in his hands.

"Are you okay?"

He looked up as you approached him. "Why are you here?"

"I usually sit here to read."

Panic crossed his face as he went to stand up. "I am sorry, I shall leave you to your book."

You shook your head. "Don't be silly T'Challa, sit down and we can talk."

He sat down but moved so that he could make room for you.

"Care to share about what's wrong?"

He sighed, wringing his hands together. "I am not going to be as good as my father."

"No one is asking you to be a replica of your father," you told him gently. "You are a different person and therefore a different king, but your standards and the way you rule are fitting to how things are nowadays."

He smiled at you. "I feel as if I have to live up to his legacy."

"Your father's legacy is important, but it is you who rules Wakanda now and therefore you are able to create your own legacy."

"Why are you better at this than my own royal advisor?"

You laughed slightly. "I have no insight into the royal workings, well other than me sitting in on some of the council meetings, and I don't know how to respond as your advisor, so you'll just get my opinion."

"How are you feeling about living here?"

"It's strange how somewhere so unfamiliar can feel like home, especially when you live there for long enough."

He smiled. "It's like home to you?"

You nodded your head in confirmation. "Thank you for offering a room to me."

T'Challa shook his head, reaching out to place his hand on yours gently. "I am grateful that you came out here."

"I am sorry that we have not been able to spend more time together."

"You are the king you know," you reminded him in a joking tone. "You're allowed to be busy."

He chuckled. "I would like for us to spend more time together."

"Well you know where I live."

"Does that mean I can come and pick you up this evening?"

You smiled, blushing ever so slightly. "What for?"

"I'll keep that a surprise."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by