Ben Grimm- Pregnant (h)

The night before your fiancée left on his trip with Reed, Sue and Johnny, you said goodbye in a rather memorable way and the both of you completely forgot about your usual precautions.

Ben was due to be away for a total of six months, so when he returned you little bundle would be rather obvious to him so hopefully he wouldn't be too dense about the whole thing.

You hadn't been told a definite return date, which had left you waiting in anticipation for your fiancée's arrival home.

Unfortunately, you hadn't been able to have any form of contact with Ben as the work he was doing wasn't allowed to be known to people outside of the operation. It wasn't nice to have lost contact with the guy you loved for six months but you knew it was what he wanted to do, so you had to grin and bear it until he came home.

It has just gone past ten in the evening, and you were debating either going to bed or staying up for a bit to read and relax.

Both of those plans went out the window when someone knocked rather loudly on your door. Despite being confused as to why someone was knocking that late, you got up to answer the door.

You opened the door to be met by a very large man that seemed to have a rock type complexion "Y/N?" a gruff voice asked, and you nodded hesitantly.

You knew you recognised the voice, and it took a few moments for the realisation to hit you "Ben?" you inquired in response to his question.

A smile broke out on his face as he nodded, "What happened to you? Do you want to come in?" you spoke rather rapidly as you ushered Ben into the house before grabbing his bag.

"Rays happened" Ben stated as he sat down, seeming to break your couch in the process, "I don't remember what Reed said but we're all stuck like this" Ben explained.

You looked at him with a confused look on your face "All?" your curiosity got the better of you, so you quizzed Ben about what he meant.

"Sue can go invisible, Johnny lives up to his hot head name and Reed is all elastic" Ben told you simply.

You didn't answer Ben, but he looked at you with concern on his face when you took a sharp intake of breath due to your baby kicking.

"Are you okay?" he asked, but then he noticed the baby bump and his whole demeanour changed "So six months was too long huh?" he said rather suddenly, asking himself more than you.

You shook your head "Ben, it's not what you think" you spoke in a calm tone so as to not upset him further, "I'm pregnant, yes" you admitted and he didn't look like he wanted to be there "But it's yours" you told him.

Ben didn't seem to believe you, so you went and grabbed the most recent ultrasound "I am six months along Ben" you said as you handed him the picture.

"How? When?" he asked, his eyes flitting between you and the picture of your unborn baby.

You laughed softly, and reached out to put your hand in his "The night before you left...we didn't exactly, uh, care about the possibilities" you explainined slightly bashfully.

Ben smiled and gently picked you up, placing you on his lap "So we have a baby?" he questioned, clearly not believing what he had just been told.

"That we do, they'll be here within the next three months or so" you clarified which made Ben smile, he was still clutching the ultrasound like his life depended on it.

"And you still want to marry me?" Ben queried, he sounded nervous and you understood why.

He had just come home looking so different compared to when he left, and found out that his fiancée was having his baby - he didn't even know if she wanted to be with him and take on all the new challenges, let alone have his kid.

You smiled, and placed your hand on your fiancée's cheek "Benjamin Grimm, there is nothing I could ever want more" you spoke softly and pressed your lips to his.

~*~

Written by Hannah.