Peter Parker- Engagement (c)

You couldn't put your finger on why or how Tony Stark had decided to take you under his wing, but he had. He had met you at a science expedition when you were there as part of your school. He saw promise in you and helped fund and encourage your drive for knowledge as his own little prodigy. Although you had a good family life, you did end up spending most nights at the Avengers Compound, having worked your socks off and it being easier to stay put.

Being Mr Stark's prodigy was how you met Peter Parker, a boy of your age whom Mr Stark had taken under his wing too. The two of you got along well, soon becoming a couple. You were only eighteen when your relationship moved to the next step and Peter popped the question. It may have seemed rushed to most, but you were a perfect couple and with the dangers of the world looming over you both, it felt as though it was something not to delay.

Of course, rather than telling your parents, or his aunt, the most important person to tell was Mr Stark. He was like an irresponsible parent figure, whom had opened so many doors to the both of you, to be able to do good for the world.

It wasn't uncommon for the both of you to go to his office, but this time the knock was hesitant. He called for you to come into the room, spinning in his chair, with paper thrown everywhere.

"Kids," he smiled. "How can I help you?"

Neither of you knew how to say it. Nerves of his reaction played on your mind, but Peter jumped in first to give him the news.

"We're getting married," he stated, attempting to stand firm with his words, but took a step back, holding your hand tightly.

Mr Stark cocked his eyebrow at you.

"You've got to be kidding me."

Peter used his hand to guide yours out so that he could see the ring on your finger. It wasn't anything fancy, it was actually his mother's engagement ring. It was humble and with meaning, something that made it worth more to you than any price tag.

He stood up from his desk, running a hand through his dark hair. "You two aren't ready for marriage."

This time it was you to raise an eyebrow. How could he question someone's readiness to marry, when he was the man known for waiting too long with popping the question.

"No offence Mr Stark," you started. "But you can hardly be one to talk. You act as though you want a commitment and are happy with Miss Potts, but you have put off proposing for over a decade. You say you want a life with her but why won't you make that step for a commitment?"

He lowered his hands, letting out a sigh. He regretted letting you spend so much time around him and picking up knowledge of his relationships.

"Please Mr Stark," Peter smiled weakly. "I love Y/N, I love her with all of my heart. And don't get us wrong we know it's early for marriage, and we aren't going to get married for some time, but we like the reassurance of it, the fact we're promised to each other with an engagement."

"With a world so dark and dangerous as we have, you can't blame us for wanting to grow up and have something good," you added.

Mr Stark sighed.

"Fine, but you're telling your families and I have nothing to do with it."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request