Bucky Barnes- Privacy (h)

Ever since Bucky had moved into the avenger's facility, he hadn't really spoken to anyone.

He mostly kept to himself, unless Steve was around, and tended to either sit in a room by himself or stay holed up in his bedroom.

Whenever you saw him you would attempt to make some form of conversation or at least make eye contact, but it never seemed to work.

Steve was one of your closest friends, both on and off the field, and you knew that all he wanted was for you and Bucky to have a form of friendship but it just wasn't working.

All of the team had gone out on a night out, courtesy of Tony, but you had opted to stay back due to not being well.

You thought you were the only one in the tower but when you went into the lounge, Bucky was sat there as he read a book.

He looked up at you when you entered and went to move when he realised it was you.

"Bucky, please," you spoke up as you held out a hand. "I just want to get to know you."

He sat back down and you sat relatively close to him. "I already know enough about you."

"I'm sorry?"

"You think I don't see you walking around the tower? Or sat in here reading? I listen to what Steve tells me as well. I know plenty about you."

You sighed. "And that makes you avoid me?"

He chuckled lowly. "Not for the reason you may think."

"Please. Do enlighten me."

He sighed and crossed his arms. "Do you ever just want to get away? Leave and have some privacy?"

"That's everyone's fantasy here."

"I happen to think you could be mine."

"That's a bold statement to make," you stated but with a smirk on your face. "We all want some privacy though."

Your latter words caused confusion to cross his face.

"We're all in the public eye, right? We all want some privacy, somewhere where people don't know us and we can just be ourselves without this predetermined idea already in the public's head."

You realised that Bucky was watching you carefully as you spoke.

"How come you've never said this to anyone?"

"I've told Steve."

"And you're suddenly telling me?"

He shrugged. "You're the one that wanted to get to know me better."

"I can't deny that. How about we start at the beginning?"

Once again, he chuckled and smirked at you. "I'm pretty sure you already know the basics of me."

"Let's see – James Buchanan Barnes, born and raised in Brooklyn, best friends with Steve before and after he got the serum, you fought together and then you fell off a train."

He had been nodding along at your words. "Sounds about right."

"But that's not the important stuff, is it?"

"The important stuff is me wanting to get away, leave all my worries here, get lost somewhere."

You smiled over at him. "You know what, I might just have to take you up on that."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request