Jean Grey- Left Out: Part 2 (h)

It hadn't been that long since you'd told Jean what you had been thinking for a long time – you knew you weren't in the wrong, as you had only spoken your mind.

Technically you shouldn't have told Scott what you did but you were only being truthful, and Scott knew that you wouldn't try to 'come on' to him or anything like that.

Jean had been blatantly ignoring you, more so than before, but you were used to it so even if it was bad to say, you weren't bothered by it.

No one had really commented on the fact that you weren't talking to each other but more so on the fact that you weren't making an effort to talk to Jean anymore.

You'd gone for a walk around the mansion, smiling and greeting whoever you walked past but just staying relatively in your own world.

"Y/N!" you turned around at your voice being called and smiled when you saw Bobby running after you.

He caught up to you and pulled you into a hug once he'd reach you.

"How's everything with your sister?"

"I wouldn't know as she no longer talks to me."

"Did you upset her?"

You shook your head. "Not on purpose, if she was upset then she didn't tell me," you explained. "She was angry, yes, but she didn't seem upset."

"Why was she angry?

"I told her what I thought, and Jean hasn't ever dealt well with someone going against her."

Bobby sighed. "So why does the Professor let her stay here?"

"Her not wanting to talk to me doesn't affect her with other people, it's just something between us."

The two of you continued your walk around the mansion and once it was done, you said goodbye to Bobby before heading up to your room.

A look of surprise crossed your face once you reached your room and saw Jean stood there against the doorframe.

"Can we talk?" Jean questioned.

You nodded, opening your bedroom door and the two of you walked in.

"I hadn't realised how I'd treated you until you told me."

Sighing, you shrugged. "I can't say that it didn't upset me."

"I am sorry that I haven't been there for you."

"I appreciate the apology but I'm afraid it doesn't fix everything."

She stood up, sighing as she did so. "Scott told me to apologise."

"You mean you didn't come here because you thought it would be right?"

"Of course not."

You couldn't help but feel hurt at her admission – yes you had thought that Jean had apologised because she had realised what she had done, and whilst it wouldn't have fixed everything straight away, it would've been a start.

"It's all Scott has been telling me since we last spoke – you have to apologise for her, you were in the wrong," she moaned about her boyfriend's words. "I did it to shut him up."

You motioned for Jean to leave. "Well you can leave my room again, and I'll tell Scott you tried."

"I told you not to talk to him."

You rolled your eyes at her. "Well make your mind up, I am not dealing with whiplash because of your damn mood swings."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by