Bruce Banner- Insecurity (h)

The way you were meant that you could often overthink things, let them get too much – no matter how irrational they may be.

Most people in your life understood that it was the type of person you were and how your mind basically operated.

You were thankful that the people who were close to you didn't question it, they would be there to comfort you if you wanted it and if not then they would try to cheer you up afterwards.

Bruce was your husband, who you loved very much, and he had been someone that had always helped you even before the two of you got into any form of relationship.

He found it hard to comprehend the fact that you had accepted him for who he was, the green monster and all.

The past couple of nights you had been finding it difficult to sleep.

So, yet again, you were sat up in your lounge at god knows what time in the morning whilst your husband was sound asleep in bed.

The silence you had been sitting in was disrupted when Bruce walked in, dressed in his flannel pyjama pants due to you having stolen the shirt.

You were under a blanket with a cup of tea in your hand, staring out of the window as thoughts swirled around in your head.

"Darling, it's two o'clock in the morning," he breathed out when he saw you.

You turned to face him "Is it?" you questioned.

He sighed "Yes. Why aren't you in bed?" he asked you in response.

You shrugged "Couldn't sleep."

He sat down next to you "You could've said something," he reminded you with a slight sigh.

"You were sleeping," you gave a rather weak excuse.

"Then wake me up," he told you "What's wrong Darling?"

You shrugged again "I'm just thinking about things," you explained.

His arm slipped around your waist "Like what?" he quizzed.

"My appearance, why you're with me," you loosely tried to explain.

He squeezed your side gently "You're beautiful."

Shaking your head, you let your hair fall in front of your face "I'm not. I look in the mirror and see what I've always seen – a big girl" you told him what you had always told him when he asked what you thought.

He moved the hair that had fallen behind your ear "It's an insecurity Darling, I get that," he reassured you "You're talking to the guy that turns into a green rage monster."

~*~

Written by Hannah.