Scott Lang- Everyday Hero (c)

Since Scott had gotten out of jail, you had offered him a place to stay. It was a stable home for him, and Maggie knew you, meaning she was a lot more welcome to the idea of Cassie visiting.

You hadn't seen Scott in a while due to the whole prison thing, and prior to that you hadn't been overly close, but you knew he was a good man, and he deserved a second chance along with the ability to redeem his relationship with his daughter.

It had basically become your job to babysit the man, and between his job and his 'invigorating social life' you didn't have much time to just talk other than simply questioning if he'd been involved in any illegal activity which he assured you he hadn't.

Today you were in the kitchen making yourself a sandwich when you heard Scott come in. You left your food where it was to go greet him in the hall.

"Hello Scott. Any illegal activities tod- What happened?" Your tone started as soft and jolly, but turned into a shocked voice with your face contorting with your gasp.

Scott's face was bloody and a clear bruise was forming along his chin. He dropped his bag, wincing as he attempted to smile at you.

"I got punched in the face," he stated as if it was clear as day.

"You say that as if it happens a lot," you retorted.

He paused, letting at a sigh as he looked towards you.

"With my personality... it does," he shrugged.

Scott went to walk away towards his room but you violently snapped your fingers at him getting his attention.

"Scott go into the bathroom now and I will clean up your face whilst you explain what happened to you," you said in a stern tone.

Under your breath you began to mutter, "I thought that I was letting a responsible adult- granted one that was a convict- into my home not a child that picks fights."

He did as he was told and made his way into the bathroom. You grabbed the first aid kit from the cupboard under the bathroom sink, gesturing for the man to take a seat on the edge of the bath. You perched yourself next to him on the rim of the bath and found some antiseptic wipes that you could use on his face.

"Who hit you?" You asked.

"A guy in a bar," he stated.

"Lovely. It's only three in the afternoon and you're already drinking," you mocked.

"I wasn't drinking."

"Then why were you at the bar?"

He took hold of the wrist of the hand that was dabbing his face with the wipe. Scott attempted to give you a sympathetic look but it looked crooked due to the slight swelling and spatter of blood.

"You know I'm not a bad guy right?" he asked.

"I know Scott. If I thought you were I wouldn't have let you into my home. I just want to know what happened," you smiled softly, "I know you're a good day, you are a good man, you just make bad decisions."

"Some guy hit me because I got involved with him and the woman he was with. They were walking past this bar as was I, and he was grabbing her wrist and she clearly didn't want to go with him. So I asked if everything was alright and offered to phone her a cab. We went into the bar to use their phone, but the guy followed us and started shouting, and he hit me. I hit him back. The bartender said he wouldn't call the police as I was defending the woman, and told the other guy to leave. I waited until the cab arrived for her and then came home," he explained.

You rubbed his shoulder softly, smiling about him actually proving you right in that he was a good person.

"Well aren't you an everyday superhero," you grinned.

He rolled his eyes at you before you continued to clean up his face.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.