Bucky Barnes- Hands (c)

One of your favourite things in the world was cuddling with your boyfriend Bucky. Just being curled up on the sofa or in bed with him always made everything seem perfect and easy to cope with no matter how horrific life was at the time. Seen as you cuddled ever so frequently, you noticed things that would occur often, even though you weren't sure if Bucky decided to do so in a conscious manner.

There was no part of you that could ever love him any less for what he had been through, nor for what had been left from the life he was forced to live. However, you knew that he beat himself up about it frequently and his metal arm only made him hold onto those memories he wanted to rid himself from.

Whenever you would cuddle you had realised that he would rest his flesh hand on you, however the metal hand would never be anywhere near you. From what you had experienced he had done his best to avoid letting his metal hand anywhere near you.

Currently the two of you were lying on the sofa. His one hand was resting lightly on your back, helping you stop from rolling off the sofa and hold you closer to him, whilst the metal hand was slung on the back of the sofa away from you. Furrowing your eyebrows, you realised it was now or never you were going to ask him about it.

"What's wrong?" You asked softly.

"Nothing," he smiled warmly. "Why do you ask?"

"Your hand. You always move your arm so that it as far away as you can get it. That can hardly be comfortable," you stated not wanting to seem too forceful but you wanted to know why.

He hesitated. Looking up at the metal hand he moved it down slightly to rest on his chest, but making sure it didn't touch you either. The arm that was looped under your back moved so he had both in front of him.

"It's a weapon," he whispered.

"Pardon?"

"This hand. It was created to destroy things. That's all I can see. The lives it has taken, the pain it has caused. And when I look at you I can only see innocence and purity. I can't let it taint that," he whispered, sounding pained slightly.

You couldn't help but smile, as it was a relatively sweet reason. You didn't understand why he saw you that way, but you weren't going to argue with him.

Gently you leaned forward not wanting to overstep his boundaries. You let one of your hands link with each of his as you leant forward to kiss him softly.

"Do you know what I see?" You asked him with a smile on your face.

He raised a quizzical eyebrow.

"I see hands. That's all they are. The hands of the man I love."

~*~
Written by Charlotte. 

Tumblr Request.