😈47.😈

Aurora was looking at some papers. Charlie went to her.

" Why are you still here?"

" Are you okay?" Charlie asked. Aurora looked at him being confused. She was about to reply when Mr. Mariano and Antonia came into the room.

" Did I disturb your conversation?" Mr. Mariano asked with a smile.

Aurora kept looking through the papers without giving any reply. Charlie looked at Mr. Mariano and said smilingly, "No sir. We are done with the meeting. How was the check up Antonia?"

" Good. That doctor kind of lectured me the whole time." Antonia said rolling her eyes. Charlie and Mr. Mariano chuckled seeing her reaction.

" I have works to do. You guys continue." Aurora was about to go out saying that but Mr. Mariano hold her hand.

" Angel, let me explain the whole thing first please."

" Why? Why will you explain everything to me after all these years? Who am I? What right do I have to know these?" Aurora asked directly looking at her dad.

" You are my daughter angel. You have every right to know all of these. But it's my fault that I haven't inform you sooner. Please forgive me. I beg you." Mr. Mariano said lowering his head. He was still holding Auroras hand.

" Our relationship is not about begging and forgiving dad. For the sake of our relationship, I'm giving you a chance to explain. But it's up to me if I'll take your explanation in count or not." Aurora removed his hand from hers saying that.

" Thanks angel. I don't know whether the explanation will satisfy you or not but I have to clear everything."

" Go ahead. I'm listening."

" They were still not out of danger. Ronald Richard tried to search them madly. But I gave them proper shelter to hide. I couldn't trust anyone at that time. Everyone was a kind of suspect to me as I have already lost a part of my family. Your mom and I were searching for every option to seek our revenge but we failed even though we were powerful. After your moms death I was kind of out of my mind. I couldn't bring myself to do anything. So I took you to them. It's not like you haven't met them. You were brought up by them for two years. But they were attacked again. I was not able to bring them back here being afraid that Richard would attack with our enemies here if he got to know. I just came back with you hiding them properly."

" Why don't we have any pictures then?"

" They are all in Australia. I didn't believe anyone here so I didn't want to bring any proof with me."

" Then why didn't you tell me after growing up?"

" Because you didn't know the dark side of this world. You were a sweet little girl who used to believe everyone. You were completely different from your mom and me at that time. So I was afraid you would tell everyone happily that you have grandparents and sister outside the country. I was afraid of that."

Aurora kept looking at her dad. Antonia and Charlie was staring at Aurora. Charlie felt something bad was going to happen seeing the emotion in Auroras eyes.

" So in another words you thought I was weak right? I would be your weak point if I got to know about them? Right?" Aurora asked.

Mr. Mariano looked at her making his eyes big." N-o no. It's n-ot like t-that dear."

Aurora chuckled." I didn't think I would ever hear you stutter dad. Why are you lying to me?"

" Angel, you didn't like this world back then. You were not this much strong at that time. People easily targeted you at that time. They could easily know about them from you. You have remembered the situation of James. He would have easily got out the news of them from you. You used to believe people easily. I couldn't take the risk about that. It would be risky for your grandparents and.." before Mr. Mariano could complete Aurora shouted in rage.