Chapter 192

Lev's POV

I was simply waiting for Charlotte to be done putting our foods on a tray. She insisted that she will treat me lunch. I was simply looking at her, when it suddenly interrupted when someone suddenly covered my eyes. I thought it was Mr. Foster, but the scent was unfamiliar to me.

“Guess who?” the person who covered my eyes said.

“I don't know,” I simply said.

He removed his hands that was covering on my eyes. I looked at him, and it was Eli. He sat next to me. He was simply smiling at me. Even though, I have bad experience with his cousin. I would not get bitter with his family, including him. My bitterness would only go to Toffer, but not on his family. Toffer is the one who cheated on me, they were only involved on Toffer's actions.

“Hi, Lev,” Eli greeted to me. “You looked better than the last I saw you,” he complimented to me.

“Thank you. You looked good today,”  I complimented back to him. “What are you doing here anyway?” I asked to him.

“I have meeting here together with my dad,” he simply explained to me. “It's kinda boring so I left and went to find you,” he explained to me.

I completely nodded at him. To be honest, he looks more handsome than my ex, but Toffer has an irresistible appeal. I looked at Charlotte and she was getting back to our table. Eli was simply texting someone on his phone, when suddenly Charlotte slap his head with an empty tray.

“You brute. You cheated on Lev!” Charlotte suddenly said to him while slapping Eli with the tray. “I have never been this angry to you Toffer. I trusted you. And now, you have the guts to show up on Lev,” she added.

“Charlotte stop, I am not Toffer,” Eli uttered. “Toffer is on the States,” he added while blocking the tray with his arm.

Charlotte took a peek, and she gasped after realizing the person he was hitting wasn't the person he thought. I simply shook my head and slap my own self. But, I am kinda overwhelmed on what will Charlotte do if he saw Toffer. What a true friend.

“Sorry. But you kinda deserved it,” Charlotte uttered  “You are Toffer’s cousin after all,” Charlotte added.

Eli completely rolled his eyes at Charlotte. Charlotte gave me my lunch. It was a simple Empanada and a Cucumber juice. I gave the other Empanada to Eli. He was in deep shock when I gave him one. I took a bite of my food and looked at the window.

“T-thank you, Lev,” Eli uttered to me.

I looked at him with a confused face. Why is he suddenly thanking me? Is there something I need to know?

“Why?” I asked to him. “Is there something I need to know?” I added.

“It's just, after I covered up Toffer's mistakes, you still seems so nice to me,” Eli explained to me. “I thought you'll be also mad at me,” Eli added.

I simply smiled at him. I took another bite of my food. Why would I involve them on my madness to Toffer? As a I said, they were only involved because they were Toffer's family and nothing more. They never talked bad about me, but they accepted me like their own family. Toffer is the only one who messed up.

“Toffer is the only person who I am pissed, not you and his family,” I explained to me. “He is the only who broke my heart not you and them,” I explained to me. “All of you were simply involved by him, nothing more,” I added and completely smiled at him.

“I understand,” he uttered to me. “Well, there is something you need to know,” Eli uttered to me.

I wasn't able to took another bite after he gave me a suspense. I don't know what it is, it suddenly makes me nervous. I completely looked at him and waiting for him to say the words he wanted to say to me.

“I don't know how to say it but,” Eli said. “Toffer never stop cheating on you. He promised you that he will not do it again on your birthday right? But he kept doing it. I don't want to say it to you because I don't want to break your heart,” he aadded.

I smiled at him, “I really don't mind it, now,” I uttered to Eli. “He isn't my boyfriend already, I am also already numb on what  Toffer did to me. Besides, I am happily married to Mr. Foster. God has a plan for him, and I only wish him a happy life,” I added.

I really don't mind Eli telling me that. It would not break my heart, I will not shatter a tear to a man that doesn't take me seriously. I only wish him a good and a happy life. He can find someone better than me or someone that he can show his full love to that person. We aren't meant for each other, I already found my one, hope he can find his on the near future. Me and Toffer was simply a memories.

Really?” Eli asked to me.

I completely nodded at him. I took a bite of my food and took a sip of my drink. That's how life works, somebody left but memories are still left on that person. Life isn’t sweet, but bittersweet. Toffer would be happy on the near future, with his new lover.

“I really can't believe you forgave him that easily,” Eli said to me. “To be honest, I mean he doesn’t deserve it, after what he did to you,” he added.

“Well, in order for you to move on, forgiveness must be do,” I explained to him.

Suddenly, someone patted my shoulder. I looked back to know who it was, it was Mr. Foster. He has a wide smile on his face. Mr. Foster gets down to reach me and hold on my shoulders.

“How's my wife?” he asked to me.

“I'm okay,” I simply responded to him. “How's the meeting?” I asked to him.

I noticed that his tie isn't properly wore. I hold on his tie and started to fix it. I saw that Mr. Foster smile when I hold on his tie and fixed it for him. I patted his chest after tying his tie. Mr. Foster gave me a sweet kissed in the lips after I fixed his tie.

“Thank, wife,” Mr. Foster thanked to me. “You're the best,” Mr. Foster uttered to me. “The meeting is okay, it was smooth,” Mr. Foster said to me, about the meeting.

“That's good to hear,” I simply responded to him.

He smiled at me and pinched my cheeks. He sat next to me, and he looked at Eli. He was so confused while looking at Eli. I don't know why he seems serious about it.
“Aren't you on the meeting earlier?” Mr. Foster asked to Eli.

“Yeah. I got bored, so I decided to leave. Dad and Tito brought me here without any reason,” Eli explained to Mr. Foster. “Why?” he asked to Mr. Foster.

Mr. Foster simply shook his head at Eli, a sign of saying nothing. Mr. Foster suddenly stand up and patted Eli's shoulders. I don't know what Mr. Foster is signing to Eli. They were saying something faraway on the both of us. I don't know if it is something serious, or just a bland talk. They suddenly proceeded on the food corner.

“Do you know what they are talking about?” I asked to Charlotte.

“Appointment, businesses, business trips,” Charlotte responded to me while reading something on his phone. “Don’t mind them. Just stay there, and eat,” Charlotte added.

I completely nodded at her. I did what she uttered to me, eat my food. Mr. Foster came back on our table, while Eli was still on the food corner. I want to ask Mr. Foster on what they talked about, but it isn't my business to asked about that. I simply smiled at him when he sat next to me. I saw Eli, carrying a tray, full of food. He placed in our table and simply sit.

“I'm confused, what did the both of you talked about?” I asked to Mr. Foster.

I can't take it anymore, I badly want to ask it. I need to know because of my curiousness.

“Nothing wife,” Mr. Foster responded. “I ask him about Toffer,” Mr. Foster answered. “I don't want you to hear us talking about him,” he added.

I completely looked at him. He is really trying to not me cry again. What a man, he knows how traumatic I have experienced when Toffer broke my heart, and he would not let me hear even the name of Toffer. Protecting me on experiencing the pain again. He doesn't want me to shed a tears or cry in pain again.

“Just protecting the love of my life,” he said and give me a kissed in the forehead.

I smiled at him.

“But, why did you approached the food corner?” I asked to Mr. Foster.

“Oh, Elliot wants to eat, so I accompany him on the food corner,” Mr. Foster explained to me.

I simply nodded my head. I finished my food and drank my drink. We are simply resting here after we are done eating. Charlotte was reading a magazine, Eli is currently scrolling on his phone, and I am with Mr. Foster looking at his phone together while my head was on his shoulders. We are simply minding our own business when Toffer's father and his Uncle entered the cafeteria. They approached us.

“Lev,” Toffer's Dad called me.

“Good day, Mr. Cruz,” I greeted to him.
I was deeply in shocked when he suddenly kneeled down to me.