Chapter 22

Lev's POV

I thought it was Mr. Foster nor Charlotte, but the number called. I answer it with a shaky hands.

"H-hello," I greeted in a shaky voice.

I didn't know what to do. I'm waiting to hear a familiar voice or say It's a prank.

"Break up with my nephew Lev, or else I'll end up your families life," he threaten.

It was Mr. Foster's uncle. My heart starts to beat on a abnormal way.

"Unahin natin ang buhay ng Papa mo, imbes ang sakit niya ang ikakamatay niya, I will kill him with my precious bullets," he added.

I started to be nervous. I can't loose the both of them.

"If you pick Kendrick, many lives will be lost, Uhm, I think 4," he said. "Plus the life of Kendrick, so it's 5," he added

He laughed manically. "And if you choose your family, no one's gonna die, none of bullets of mine will go on their precious body," he uttered. "Pick wisely honey," he added.

He ended up the call. Tears started to drop, I don't know what to do. I was devastated. It's a good thing no one see me because I'm alone on the printing room.

I wiped my tears and deep in and out deeply. I choose my family, sorry Mr. Foster, I love you but my family is really important, I hope you'd forgive me. I don't want to see all of you on a coffin with flowers.

I immediately go back to Mr. Foster office and text him.

'Fine, I'll break up with him' I texted.

He immediately text back.

'Good boy Crein'

Mr. Foster suddenly entered his office. I immediately wiped my tears.

"What's wrong Lev? Why so shock?" he asked.

I just gave him a smile.

"Nothing. Mr. Foster can I talk with you?" I said to him.

He suddenly smiled and bite his lips. He grab my waist and pull me to him.

"Shhh, just tell me later okay? I've set a date for us, just tell me there," he said.

He suddenly kissed me and left his office. I'm gonna miss his kisses and he's sweet talks. I've received a text again from his Uncle.

'For being a good boy, I'll give you $100,00'

'No, thank you' I response to his message.

'Tsk, suit yourself'

I didn't response on his message. It's quite sad our love story gonna end because of a threat. I lay my head on my desk and started to cry. I can't leave him, he said that I'm the only one that was left for him. My conscience started to fight. I hope that the person he loved from his past will appear and replace me.

I wiped my tears. I need to talk to Charlotte. I immediately entered his office. She was so shocked nor startled.

"Tangina Lev, muntik na ako atakihin sa puso dahil sayo," reklamo niya. "Upo ka, bakit?"
My tears started to drop.

"Charlotte, Mr. Foster's uncle me to break up with Kendrick or else he'd kill my family."

Her eyes went big. "You should tell Mr. Foster about this."

I just nodded side to side. I sob hardly.

"Don't tell him, it can make things go worse," I said.