Chapter 55

Lev’s POV

I just want to cry. I can't believe he forgot my birthday. Is he really cheating on me? Is he the right man to be with me? Or he's just one of the person I love but not everlasting. I just want to be alone at this time but I can't, it's kinda rude to leave all of my visitor.

“Happy Birthday Lev,” they greeted to me If I passed them.

I didn't gave them any words of mine nor a simple movements, I ignored them. I’m not on the mood to entertain them. I grab some food and ate alone on the kitchen. Because of the melancholy I felt, I almost forgot I have friends who come over. Luckily, they found me in the kitchen, eating alone. They sat next to me.

“What's with the sad face?” Charlotte asked to me.

I sighed before answering her question.

“Toffer's not here,” I simply answer to her.

I look at my food and tears started to drop on my eyes. I started to sob hardly. I can't believe he forgot his own fiancé’s birthday. Does he really love me? Are his words for me are really true? My friends started to comfort me by hugging me.

“There, there Lev. Maybe he has VALID reason to forgot your birthday,” Mildred uttered to me whils patting my head. “Maybe he hasn't,” Kelly  suddenly said.

I started to cry even harder after Kelly uttered. Normally, guys don't cry in front of many people, but I can't really hold my tears. I just want to express the pain I felt right now.  Charlotte slap Kelly on her shoulder.

“Stop making Lev hurt even more.”

They help me wiped my tears and also fix myself. People can't see me looking like this. I thought this year, my birthday would be full of euphoria but It just added to the saddest year of my life. I just want to be alone in my room and cry. I'm about to stand up when Charlotte didn't allowed me to.

“Where are you going?” she asked to me. “In my room,” I simply answer at her.

She nodded side to side to me with a serious face.

“Na-ah, you're not going anywhere Lev. I know you're gonna cry there,” she said to me. “Maybe you'll hang up yourself too. We gonna accompany you to go tomorrow on Toffer's company to check if he is okay,” she added.

I rolled my eyes on her and just sat still. Suddenly, Papa called me to go to him. I immediately follow him to check what's happening.

“Your ex likes to talk to you,” Papa whispered to me.

I simply nodded at him. He goes away from us in order he can give us some privacy.

“Can I help you Mr. Foster?” I asked to him.

He suddenly turns pale. He didn't know what to say. Strange, I’ve never seen this kind of Mr. Foster before.

“I just want to give you a gift,” he said to me coldly.

He gives me the gift which I accepted it all of my heart.

I smile at him and uttered, “Thank you.”

He turned away. I don't know but seeing and receiving a gift from Mr. Foster makes my day better. He suddenly turned backs to me and approaches me again.

“I almost forgot this,” he uttered.

He bow down  to reach me and kisses me in the lips. I didn't know Mr. Foster can do smacks too. It's kinda new Mr. Foster didn't make our kiss a long one.

“I'm sorry, Toffer might punch me in the face If I kiss you again,” he said and chuckled.

I didn't expect this kind of Mr. Foster, so gentle and pure. Charlotte saw the both of us talking, she immediately approached us.

“It's a good thing, Kendrick is here,” she uttered and rolled his eyes. “How about Toffer? He forgot, dear Lev's birthday,” she added.

Mr. Foster face turns into a frowned.

“He's not here?” he asked.

Charlotte nodded side to side him. He sighed.

“Atleast, I'm here,” he uttered and winked at me.

I tint. I know he just doing this to make me smile and blush, I think.

“I must go now, Vaje is sleeping on the car, he needs accompany,” he said.

I simply nodded at him. Before he leaves, he gave me another smack in the lips which causes my cheeks roses red. Because of what he did, I almost forgot the melancholy I felt. I get back to the kitchen, Mildred and Kelly saw me blushing and with a smile on my face.

“What happen to you?” Kelly asked to me.

I ignored her and sat. I opened the gift Mr. Foster gave to me. My jaw almost fell after seeing the gift he gave to me. It's a necklace, it has a small diamond pendant.

“Is that Toffer’s gift?” Mildred asked. “It's Mr. Foster,” I answered to her.

I was mesmerized at the necklace. It's so shiny. Even my friends eyes are unexplainable.

“He really bought this necklace? Just for Lev? Lev isn't his fiancé,” Kelly uttered. “We can say that Mr. Foster is better than Toffer,” she added and laughed.

I can't keep my eyes to stare at this precious necklace. Why does Mr. Foster keep doing this things to me? I mean, he spent millions just to buy this necklace that I won't wear because I'm afraid people would steal this. Maybe he just want to share his wealth. I'm about to put it back on the box.

“What are you doing? Wear it!” Charlotte said.

I sighed. She helped me to wear it.

“You look like a real life prince Lev,” she complimented to me.

I look myself using my phone. I really look like a prince. I suddenly noticed there’s a note on the box, I grabbed it and read it.

A gift to the prettiest Lev, you're like a diamond Lev, can't stop shinning. These necklace really compliment you. Send me a picture of you wearing it, okay? ;)’

After reading his letter, I tint. I take a picture of myself wearing the necklace he gave to me and send it to him with a message ‘Thanks for the gift Mr. Foster'.
He didn't response, he solely seen it.

FW

I'm on Toffer's company. The girls accompany me. They said if Toffer don't have a valid reason why he forgot my birthday, they will beat them to death. I'm approached the receptionist of his company.

“Good Morning,” she greeted to me.

“Good Morning,” I greeted back with a smile.

“May I help you?” she asked to me.

“Yes, may I know Mr. Cristoffer Cruz's office, I just need to talk with him,” I said to her.

“Do you have any appointment with him?”

I simply nodded side to side to her. “But he knows me. Very well.”

“Oh, I will call him to let him know you are here, so you can go to his office,” she said.

I nodded at her. She calls Toffer.

“What's your name?”

“Lev Treyton Crein.”

“Yes, Mr. Lev Treyton Crein,” she said to Toffer. “He said he knows you."

She ended up the call. I'm so excited to bring food on him and also talk with him. I really miss him so much.

“I'm sorry but he doesn't know you,” she said.

I was so shocked what I heard. Is he really serious? Does he really love me or he just wants my body and leave me after having a taste on it.

“Really?” I asked again. “Yes.”