I'll Make It Up To You - Ben Hutton

Start from the beginning

'I'll be ready'

I quickly got ready and just in time to see Jacob's car pull up. I locked my door behind me and made my way to Jacob's car.

"You look nice" be shot me a smile.

"Thanks, I was supposed to celebrate with Ben tonight. Guess he found better plans" I said the last part under my breath.

Those words stung more than I realized.

Yes, Ben was my friend, but he was also the man I've been pining over for the last two months. It was as if one day I opened my eyes and really saw him for who he was, and he was everything I wanted in a guy.

"He had a team meeting, Y/N. I'm sure he wanted to celebrate with you tonight" he looked at me sympathetically.

I rolled my eyes subtly, hoping he didn't see.

"I know the team meeting is a lie. There's no way they would just let you out of a team meeting everyone had to go to" I looked at him seriously.

"You think too much" he chuckled making me laugh lightly myself.

"Whatever, at least I won't be sitting home alone all night now that Ben ditched me" I pulled my phone up to look at it.

"Speaking of Ben, I need to grab something from his place really fast. Is that ok? I would have done it before I got you but it was on the way to the restaurant" he explained seriously.

"Yeah sure, that's fine. No worries" I gave him a small smile.

When he pulled up in front of Ben's place he turned to look at me cautiously.

"I know you probably don't want to go in there, you know in case. So, I'll be right back give me a few minutes" he patted my leg before throwing the car door open.

In case? In case of what? He was being weirder than Ben.

"Hold up" I said getting out of the car. "I'm coming with you, I don't want to sit in the car by myself"

"Are you sure?" He gave me a smirk.

"Positive"

I followed Jacob up to Ben's place as he grabbed the key and opened the door. It seemed dark in his place which was odd, Ben always left a light on when he wouldn't be home.

We walked into the living room and I caught something glowing out of the corner of my eye. I turned to see the kitchen table and counters covered with softly lit candles. 

Great, he ditched me for a date. I couldn't help but roll my eyes and as I turned to walk away to stop myself from crying I heard Ben's voice.

"You're late dude" he sounded annoyed.

"I'm sorry, I got distracted" Jacob lightly laughed.

"Where are you going, Y/N?" Ben's voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Home" I said softly before turning to leave again.

"Wait" Ben called after me catching my forearm with his hand.

"Let go of me Ben" I said sternly as he dropped my arm with his hands up in surrender.

"I'm just gonna...not be here" Jacob said inching past us as the tenseness grew.

"What's wrong?" Ben finally broke the silence once Jacob was gone.

"Nothing" I said turning away again.

"Did I not do it right? Too many candles?" He pulled me back to look at him.

"No Ben, it's perfect. Whoever she is she's going to love it" I swallowed hard, using all my strength to stop the tears building up.

"She?" He looked at me confused.

"Whatever girl you ditched me for, whatever girl that's lucky enough you'd go through all this trouble for, whatever girl that's lucky enough to be with you tonight" I trailed my eyes away from him.

"Hey, sweetheart" he brought my face up to look at him with both of his hands. "This is for you, I did this all for you. I wanted a special celebration." He explained frantically, rubbing his thumbs along my cheeks.

"What?" I asked in shock. "But you said you had a team meeting"

"I lied"

"But...but why?"

"I wanted it to be a surprise. Y/N, I just-" he paused taking a pained breath before pulling my lips to his.

I pulled him to me by his middle and deepened the kiss.

"I can't believe you finally let me do that" he chuckled when we pulled away.

"I've been waiting a long time for you to do that" I giggled slightly rubbing my hands along his back.

"So you'll be my girlfriend?" He looked at me hopeful.

"I want nothing more" I smiled kissing him quickly. "One more thing we have to celebrate tonight"

"Congratulations on your milestone baby, I'm so proud of you" he took my face in my hands again and kissed my lips gently.

"This is the best way to celebrate ever" I breathed a laugh.

"I told you I'd make it up to you" he smirked at me as I shook my head and pulled him back to me.

To celebrate mitchyymarns and her amazing milestones!

Love you sister wife 😂 🧡🖤🤍🧡🖤🤍