Chapter 84

I served the couple their orders and rushed back into the kitchen. Wipping the sweat that trailed down my brow, I placed the pad and pensil on the counter, across from Monica that was cooking.

"Jeez, you're okay?" she asked, glancing at me as she cut some vegetables quickly.

I nodded, taking a deep breath. "There are so many out there, and it's only Tuesday." I claimed, nodding at the door.

She nodded, taking the plate and quickly walking over to hand it to Jason to finish the work. I sighed, looking around the cooks and waitors rushing and being nervous as Hell.

"God, I can't believe there is a family with 8 members in one of my tables!" Niall complained as he came in, throwing the pad on the couner and bending over as he sighed.

"Really? 8 orders?" I asked, widening my eyes at him.

"Yeah." he let a humorless chuckle. "And there are 2 people that can't fucking decide what they want to eat, like seriously, pick a fucking plate! You're gonna eat it either way." he said, throwing his hands in the air.

I nodded, looking at Vicky as she rushed inside, grabbed the plates with food, placed them on her disc and rushed out to give people their orders. There were strands escaping her high ponytail, but she didn't really seem to care.

Niall's hair was messy too, I guess from running his hands through them out of stress countless times. He placed his hand on his stomach, groaning.

"What's wrong?" I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm hungry. And I haven't eaten since that taco-shit, it's ready?" Niall looked past me.

I turned to look at Jason nodding as he pushed the plate further on the edge of the counter. "Order for table 12 is ready." he said.

"Awesome," Niall grumbled before he grabbed the pad from the counter and walked in a quick pace to take the order.

Tonight it was really exhausting. Everyone was so nervous and tired, but we all kept working hard. We all deserved more money, but I guess Jack is not planning on doing such thing soon. Harry can compel him though...

"Monica?" I asked sweetly as I walked over her.

She glanced up at me as she kept stuffing a turkey. "What do you want, Rebecca?" she raised a brow, already knowing I was about to ask her something.

"Did you see how tired Niall is? God, he's been literally running for 2 hours straight, more than he does while he's practising for the match." I claimed, gaining a bored look from her.

She left the turkey on the wooden surface before placing her palms flat on either sides, eyes staring at me. "What do you want, Rebecca?" she repeated, her tone cautious.

"Can you please cook for him that mushroom thing you do?" she gave me a "are you kidding me" look. "please? Niall's been working so hard lately and I feel so bad for him, so please, please cook one plate for him?" I begged, pressing my palms together in a praying gesture.

She held my gaze a little longer, her lips pressed in a firm line. The sound of knifes, fire, people talking and the door opening filled the air between us as I gave her a sweet smile and a pleading look.

She sighed, smiling a little. "Fine, he'll have his plate when we're done working, alright?" she said, grabbing the knife.

"Thank you so much, Monica! You're the best!" I cheered, gaining a laugh from her.

"I know, I know." she laughed, shaking her head as she continued her work.

"Order for table 7!" Jason called, getting my attention.