Chapter 177

"There are moments that can literally change your life."

_______________________________________

I had to reread that paper to make sure I wasn't imagining it. My stomach was now twisted upside down and heat rose to my entire face, making me look like a tomato.

"Harry...this-this is-,"

"The Colarious." he finished, his voice shakey. I looked down to see him staring at the tube with wide, pained yet amazed eyes, his chest rising and falling, his lips parted in shock.

Silence danced in the room, making the anxiety grow stronger. I was still shocked that we found the Colarious mixture right in front of us. The sight of it was beautiful, but it was so odd that this thing could change a person's whole DNA.

"That's...that's..." I didn't know how to explain it. So many thoughts were messing with my mind and I couldn't think clearly at that moment.

"I knew they wouldn't destroy it." He muttered.

"This is what's in your s-system, r-right?" I said, looking back at the glowing blue liquid.

He nodded. "This is the special thing that was discovered for me.." he said lowly, sounding sad.

"Oh my God.." I whispered, shaking my head slowly. I can't believe that this is what runs in Harry's veins against his will. I can't believe that I had the chance to see it.

"I knew it would be somewhere here." he mumbled thoughtfully.

My eyes moved up to the dusty file on top of the tube, that was hidden in the dark, but I could see it from where I was. I reached my hand and grabbed it, taking it out of the darkness where it was placed. I blew out a breath to clean the file from the dust and Harry looked up at me.

"What's that?" he asked, furrowing his brows.

My fingers traced the green cover, noticing how damaged and old it was, meaning it was old. "I don't know, it was on the top of the tube." I replied, scanning down the file.

Harry kneeled down, sending a tiny jolt of panic through me at the sudden movement. He didn't warn me I was doing that and it scared me how my body moved backwards. Once I was on my feet, Harry stood up and turned to look at me, eyes intense and curious.

"I think it has to do with the Colarious." I muttered as I walked over to the desk, Harry following me from behind.

Harry tossed a few papers on the floor carelessly, making me give him a disaproving look. He shrugged nonchalantly and crossed his arms over his chest.

"What?" he asked as if he didn't do anything.

I rolled my eyes and placed the file on the desk, both of us leaning over it to have a better look. I opened the file to the first page which had a black and white picture of a big building with five men standing in front, staring at the camera with their hands in their robes' pockets.

I sensed Harry tensing beside me, making me shiver. I turned to look at him, taking in his sharp features and his clenched jaw, his angry eyes as they glared at the paper and his fists by his sides. I furrowed my brows and parted my lips to speak but he cut me off.

"It's him." he said through clenched teeth.

"Who?" I asked, looking down at the photo.

"Him," he pointed at the one that stood in the middle.

I looked carefully at the man that was in the photo, seeing how old he was and not believing how can such an old and experienced man, that has been through a lot, probably have lost his own loved ones, do something so inhuman to innocent little boys. He had a tiny smile on his thin lips, but I knew that it wasn't out of kindness. It was an evil one, a smile that hid a monster underneath. And the way he stood, so confident, with his head held high, as if he was proud that he was so heartless. I crigned at the sight of him and reached for Harry's hand, wanting to calm him down.