Chapter 10

Eyes closed, back collided with the cold floor, dry tears on my cheeks, heart skipping beats. My status was horrible. I felt like if I stayed there, lying on the floor, I would easily die, out of cold, hunger, but mostly; pain.

I heard his footsteps coming closer to my room, informing me that he'll start torturing me in a matter of seconds. As much as I tried to convince myself that I would be fine, that I might still stand a chance to survive, a part of me was complaining to stop lying to myself.

But I wasn't completely lying. I felt like there was a chance I could go through this. The frustrated part of me was covering the feeling of hope that started slowly to rose inside of me and it only frustrated me more.

The door swung open with a crack, confirming my thought that he qas coming to me. I could feel his eyes on me so I slowly opened mine and looked at him. He was leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed tightly over his chest, staring at me with a poker face.

“Got some sleep?” he asked, even though I knew he didn't care to know the answer.

“A little.” I murmured and sat up, stretching my hands and arms.

“Hmm.” he hummed and watched me as I stood up and removed the dirt from my already dirty clothes.

“Found something in your backbag.” he said in a low voice, making me shake with fear.

He narrowed slightly his eyes, studying my reaction at his words. I was speechless and anxious, waiting for him to say that my phone was in the backbag.

“Change quickly.” he said flatly, turned on his heel and walked back to his room.

What was he talking about? Change quickly? Change what? I didn't have anything to chan—

“Here.” he appeared in the doorway and threw some clothes to me.

I grabbed them quickly before they fell on the floor and looked at them. They were the clothes I had in my backbag in case I spilled juice on them or was too sweaty.

“I'm waiting downstairs.” he said and left the room.

I walked there and closed the door, letting a sigh of relief as I let the doorhandle. At least he didn't watch me getting dressed or forced me to do it in front of him. I quickly changed into my new clothes, a black tank top and deep red shorts. I wore my boots and took a deep breath before I opened the door and walked down the hall, heading downstairs.

He was leaning against a wall, his hands playing with the same small knife I saw last night. I flinched at the sight of it and slowed my pace. He looked up at me with his black eyes, wich travelled down my body before they landed on my face again.

His gaze seemed as if his eyes could see through my clothes and that made me feel as if I'm naked. I crossed my arms in front of my chest, trying to cover my chest and gain somehow confiedence.

“Let's go.” he nodded towards the door and walked towards it.

I followed him outside and smelled the summer air, filling my lungs with oxygen. I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds, enjoying the summer breeze hitting my skin and pushing my hair back. I opened my eyes and felt my stomach twisting when I saw him staring at me intently, his eyebrows raised.

“What?” I asked quietly.

“Nothing.” he responded and turned around to walk away.

“Okay.” I whispered and followed, my hands pulling down the hem of my tank top.

“We're going to the river for a while.” he informed, surprising me for giving me informations when he never did before.

“Why?”