Chapter 192

I feel you close..I feel you breathe...

One Day Later.

Rebecca's POV

“Oh my God, look at that!” Emily gasped, brown eyes wide as she pointed at the giant stadium Niall and his team are playing tonight.

“It's amazing,” I commented from the back seat, staring outside the window.

“I'm so proud of Niall, you have mo idea.” Hannah sniffled, wiping away a tear.

“Us too,” Emily said, placing one hand on her shoulder.

Hannah parked her car and we all jumped out to the cool night. I was excited for Niall's game, I know how much he's been waiting for it.

“Girls!” Niall's voice called from behind and we turned to see him walking towards us, wearing a grey hat, black sweats and a grey tee. His buss had just arrived and more teammates got out of it, carrying their backbags with them.

“Hey baby!” Hannah squealed and hugged him tightly before kissing him.

Niall pulled back a few seconds later to smile at us and pull us in a warm embrace. “I'm so happy you came here,” he whispered to my ear when he hugged me.

“I'm happy to see how far you've came,” I whispered back.

We pulled back and smiled at each other. I heard coach calling the boys to go to their changing rooms and get ready, but Niall didn't bother to move.

“I'm nervous,” Niall said, having his hands in his pockets.

“You're gonna do great,” Emily assured.

“It's not just me..The point is that we don't have our best player tonight..Thanks to him we are where we are tonight.” Niall said and I knew whom he was talking about.

“Harry.” I murmured.

He locked eyes with me and nodded. It's true. Harry plays better than anyone and he can control the ball's gravity. He's definitely needed tonight.

“I better go change now, coach will get angry and I want to be the captain.” Niall chuckled.

“Good luck.” The three of us said tha same time with a smile.

“Thanks! See you later,” he waved before he jogged inside the stadium.

I turned around to look at Hannah when I heard a car approaching. A black Mercedes parked next to the buss and I immidiately recognised it. Oh my God. My heart came up to my throat and my stomach tightened so much that I felt myself slightly leaning in to soothe the pain.

And then the car door opened. And he jumped out, wearing black shorts and a white tee, matched with his neon yellow Nikes. His hair was gathered up in a ponytail that I always found sexy. My heart raced wildly against my ribs and I sucked in a breath. He's here.

He probably felt my eyes and my presensce because he turned his gaze to look at me. His jade green eyes were dark, but I could still see the pain. He was surprised at first and by the way he took a deep breath, I knew he felt the same way as I did, that we're both out of oxygen by just staring at each other.

My head was spinning and it was as if time had stopped. It was just me and him. Everything around us was blurry. The look he gave me...it had hope, pain, surprise, relief and sadness. I didn't know how to feel at that moment. Heat was burning me from the inside out but I couldn't quite realise which feeling had coursed me.

“What are you looking at?” Hannah turned her head, following my eyes. Emily copied her and they both looked at Harry.

Harry didn't break the eye contact though. He just kept staring me intently. So many words were thrown towards me by his look. So many untold apologies. He then started walking and entered the stadium, leaving me staring at his slicked back as he walked.