Chapter 60

"Take her in, quickly!"

"Open the doors!"

"We're losing her!"

I managed to open my eyes, only to see with a blurry vision some unknown stressed faces looking down at me with panic. Brights lights on the ceiling blinded me, causing me to close my eyes again.

"She's losing consciousness again!" a loud male voice shouted next to me, causing me headache.

A loud noise of two doors swinging open was heard and I was in a matter of seconds in another room. I opened my eyes only to close them again because of the lights. I felt two fingers pressing on my neck, sending a tiny yet strong jolt of pain through me.

As much as I tried to breath, my entire body was aching, surrending. I couldn't move an inch nor speak. I could feel my blood escaping some open wounds, but I still couldn't understand what was going on with me, or where I was.

"I can't find her pulse!" a female voice yelled and the fingers left the spot they were pressed on my neck.

The defeaning noise and the sounds of some metalic things around me made me shiver. What the hell was going?

Before I could do anything to answer this question, their panicked voices faded away and I fell unconscious again.

...

"Did you find out who she is?"

"Yes. Her name's Rebecca Williams and she's 18."

"What about her wounds?"

"They're deep on her temporal bone and a broken humerus wich means she'll have to wear a cast for at least a month."

"Well, it's not that bad as we thought, isn't it?"

"Umm..I think it is, sir."

"What do you mean, Hannah?"

"We found a sharp glass in her back that got too deep and hit her spinal cord.."

I slowly opened my eyes, waiting for a couple of seconds for my eyes to adjust before I could get in what happened. I was still dizzy and the room was spinning, as if I was on a roller coaster.

"W-where am I...?" I asked weakly, coughing right after I said those words.

My eyes landed on two people. A young girl, around her twenties, with blonde straight hair and blue eyes, staring at me with worry. My eyes drifted to the man next to her. He must be around his twenties too, with dark brown hair and green eyes.

I looked around the room, only to get even more confused than before. I was in a strange room, nothing close to my bedroom. My eyes landed on the machines next to my bed and then on my arms, and then on the cast, and then on the sheet that covered most of my body, until I remembered what happened.

The memory of Harry's voice yelling at me to open my eyes and then the car that crashed against mine appeared in my head, sending a wave of fear wash through me quickly.

"Oh my God.." I whispered, widening my eyes as I looked back at the cast on my arm.

"Well hello there, Rebecca." the girl spoke, making me look up at her.

She gave me a small, warm smile before walking across the room and sitting next to me on the bed. I gave her a weird look before my eyes landed on the nametag on her white robe.

"You're Hannah?" I asked, glancing up at her.

"Yes, nice to meet you, Rebecca." she placed a hand on my shoulder, giving me another sweet smile.