Chapter 169

Now I'm searching every lonely place...

_______________________________________

Rebecca's POV

"Are you serious?" Hannah looked at me with wide eyes, her jaw touching the ground as she held her book in her hand. "She came to talk to you?"

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, but not because she wanted to apologise." I muttered, looking down at my book.

"Really? Then what did she-,"

"I'll tell you tonight at Emily's. I don't wanna think about it now, okay?" I looked up at her.

She nodded. "Okay." she murmured and she looked past me. "Oh, there is Niall." she said and I turned around to see him walking towards us, holding a notepad.

"Hey buddy," I smiled when he approached us.

"Hey girls." he smiled back. "Haven't seen you all day." he said, looking at me.

He's right. After last night I haven't seen him, neither Grace, Calum or Ashton. I know I still have to talk to them, but to be honest, I'm kind of avoiding that. I don't want to talk about demons and all that, but I know that I have to sooner or later.

"Yeah," I murmured. "I know you can't live without me." I teased.

He chuckled. "Well, I suppose that what makes me your best friend." he winked.

"Hello," Emily appeared, smiling at us. "I'm so glad this day is over. I can finally go home and relax." She sighed.

"We better get going now." Hannah said, gently grabbing my arm.

"Oh yeah, I'll see you guys at work." I smiled at Niall and Emily.

"See ya." Emily smiled while Niall just waved.

Hannah and I went outside and jumped in her car. I'm going at her house for a while to hang out and then she'll take me to work. I have to tell Harry that I'm also sleeping at Emily's tonight. Hope he doesn't get upset because of this.

I buckled my seatbelt and took my phone out as Hannah started driving. I quickly texted Harry about tonight.

Rebecca: I'm staying at Emily's tonight. Hope you don't mind x

I had his reply in less than a minute and I have to say, I wasn't surprised. He's with his phone the whole damn time after all.

Harry: You'll be missing the whole day and night then? :( x

I couldn't help the awed look on my face when I read his text.

Rebecca: Yes :( I have to talk with the girls about something. x

Harry: Okay then :( Take care babe. Love you xx

My heart fluttered at the simple text and a smile spread across my face. This is what an affect he has on me.

Rebecca: Love you more xx

Harry: Doubt that ;) xx

I smiled and put my phone back in my pocket.

...

"Order 22 is ready!"

I walked towards Jason and grabbed the disc with the dishes before making my way outside. Tonight's really crowded and everyone's about to crawl on their knees. We're tired, and our shift isn't done yet.

I sighed and stepped in the beautifully dining room to give my table their orders. I force a warm smile at the young kid that stares at me from head to toe before rushing back into the kitchen.