Chapter 6

The cracking sound from my left made me jump and bring my legs up to my chest, playing nervously with my fingers. I didn't know for how long I was staring at the direction he dissapeared, waiting for him to come back, but I knew that it was late.

The moon was already shining above my head and everything seemed so silent and dark. I was scared I was alone and for a couple of seconds I thought I should run away, but I didn't do it.

Something inside my head told me not to. I don't know why that stupid voice told me to stay here and wait for him appereance because I was literally waiting for a psycho killer to come.

The cracking sound made me jump again and wrap my arms around my legs, my body shaking because of fear. I let a sigh of relief when I saw his black figure coming from the darkness, his curly hair moving because of the cold breeze.

I watched him coming closer with fear and anxiety growing inside of me. He finally got closer and I saw his sharp features coming into the light. His eyes were half closed, as if he was tired. He didn't say a word as he walked back to the same tree he was laying against last night and sat down.

I felt my stomach turning when he quickly took a glance at me and then back at the river. He pressed his lips in a tight line and shifted in his seat. I tightened the grip around my legs and rested my forehead against my knees.

"How long have you been waiting?" he broke the silence and my head snapped upwards to look at him.

"I..I don't know.." I admitted with a frown on my face.

"You didn't run away." he said flatly and I furrowed my brows.

"I knew I couldn't." I said quietly and he narrowed his eyes, staring at me with concentration.

"You're scared I see." he muttered and a small huff escaped my lips.

"How could I not?" I murmured to myself, looking down.

"You should. You have to." he said cooly.

"What if I don't?" I looked up at him and his eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Are you talking back at me?" he asked through gritted teeth, sending a wave of fear wash through me.

"N-no." I stuttered. "Just being curious."

"Don't, because I can be angry." he snapped.

"When are you not angry?" I asked confused.

"When are you quiet?" he hissed, sending shivers down my spine.

"Sorry." I bit my lower lip.

"Just go to sleep." he demanded, moving his hand.

I nodded even though I knew I couldn't sleep. I don't even know if the last 2 days I slept at all. I turned to my side and closed my eyes, my back moving so I coud find a comfortable position.

I didn't hear him move and that scared me somehow but I tried to stop thinking about it as I fell my eyelashes havier than before and finally fell asleep.

...

This time, he didn't splash water across my face. No. He didn't even say a word to wake me up. I blinked a few times to make the view clearer and finally opened my eyes, taking in his abscense.

Was he testing me? Did he want to see if I would escape?

My thoughts were quickly thrown away when he appeared through the trees from my left, carrying in his strong, inked arms firewood.

I quickly stood up and removed all the dirt from my shirt, caughting his attention. He smirked at me and I furrowed my brows, feeling a little frustrated for not being able to read his thoughts.