Chapter 196

She knows...she knows, that I've never let her down before...

Rebecca's POV

"Are you sure this is the right way?" I panted as we stormed into the hospital of Chicago, quickly walking towards the elevator, my heart racing with anxiety.

"Yes. The map says at the basement, the key says base, I know where we're going." Harry answered as we entered the elevator. He pressed the button that will take us to the basement and the doors closed. "Did you take your gun with you?"

"Yeah," I nodded, placing my hand on my hip, where my gun was secretly held in my waistband underneath my tee.

"Good. Now we need to be careful down there." He instructed and I nodded.

Everything is happening so quick, I don't have the time to proccess what the hell we're doing but I know one thing; we're determined to free those victims down there and take the cure.

"There are cameras everywhere." I muttered.

"I know. Don't worry, the guy will delete everything once we're done." he assured.

"Okay." I said quietly and the doors opened.

We stepped out and walked down the hallway, gaining a few looks from some maids. Two security guards suddenly appeared in front of us, making my heart came up to my throat. Oh shit.

"You can't be in here, sir, miss." one of them said kindly, nodding at us.

"Let us pass." Harry compelled them both and they moved aside.

I let a sigh of relief as we kept walking down the hallway. I was anxious we might get caught. Anxious that what we're going to see won't be something that we will not like. I swallowed nervously as Harry entered a code to one of the big, metalic door and unlocked it.

"Let's go," Harry urged lowly.

"Where is the base?" I asked, looking around as we walked down the long hallway.

"Hidden behind the fifth door." he answered, his green eyes focused ahead.

"Do you know all the codes?"

"Of course." He replied casually.

"Okay, good," I mumbled, adjusting my hair.

Harry suddenly turned in the corner and I followed him. The hallway was darker, and more crowded. There were a lot of bodyguards and they were all looking at us.

Oh fuck.

"Are you sure this is the right way? Because I don't think.." I trailed off, reaching to touch Harry's shoulder.

"Yes, just act cool." he said and walked ahead, making me follow him.

Yeah, okay, I'll act cool, as if I'm not here, trying to sneak into the secret lab and steal the cure.

"Excuse me sir, you're not allowed to be here." A guardian stepped in front of us, making us come to a halt.

"Get out of my way." Harry compelled him and he obeyed.

Harry turned to me as we walked and gave me a smirk. "See? It's easy." He shrugged.

"Well, you're not the one that doesn't have the skills," I reminded sarcastically.

"Aw, I'm sorry skinny girl, you're probably not God's favourite person." he teased, making me chuckle.

"That's funny, because last time I checked, I'm the angel here." I reminded and his eyes widened in surprise, his lips turning into an O shape.